The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 16 December 2016
As we're approaching the holidays, the Apache community has been busy this week on:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- Next Board Meeting: 21 December 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield brisk performance at 99.85% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Session slides + photos available at http://bit.ly/2gTgdYK; recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Apex™ –an enterprise-grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Malhar 3.6.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Commons™ RNG –provides Java implementations of pseudo-random numbers generators.
- Apache Commons RNG v1.0 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-rng/download_rng.cgi
Apache Ignite™ –a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.
- Apache Ignite 1.8.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.15 and 1.2.22 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucy™ –search engine library provides full-text search for a variety of programming languages.
- Apache Lucy 0.6.1 and Clownfish 0.6.1 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache Mynewt (incubating) –a community-driven module OS for constrained, embedded applications.
- Apache Mynewt 1.0.0-b1-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/incubator/mynewt/apache-mynewt-1.0.0-b1-incubating
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and operational analytics for Apache Hadoop through SQL support using Apache HBase as its backing store and providing integration with other Apache projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce.
- Apache Phoenix 4.9 released https://phoenix.apache.org/download.html
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.16.0 and Qpid C++ 1.36.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.9 and 9.0.0.M15 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
- CVE-2016-8745 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201612.mbox/%3C76fe5f99-cc2c-4e48-b669-738f5dae7266%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that recordings from Apache: BigData and ApacheCon Europe/Seville are available at FeatherCast? http://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that the German National Library of Science and Technology uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache MADlib (incubating) can be used for principal component analysis such as image analysis? http://madlib.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Introducing "Success at Apache" –a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". First article: Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 03:24PM Dec 16, 2016 by Sally in General | |