The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 2 December 2016
Welcome, December! We've wrapped up another great week with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 December 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield performance once again at the "three nines" at 99.90% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Session slides + photos available at http://bit.ly/2gTgdYK; recordings are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Community Development –helps those new to the ASF and Apache Projects take their first steps towards being a part of the Apache community.
- REMINDER TO ASF COMMITTERS: please complete the Apache Community Development Diversity Survey (check your @apache.org email)
Apache Drill™ –a distributed MPP query layer that supports SQL and alternative query languages against NoSQL and Hadoop data storage systems. It was inspired in part by Google's Dremel.
- Apache Drill 1.9.0 released https://drill.apache.org/download/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 1.6.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kylin/apache-kylin-1.6.0/
Apache OFBiz™ –an Open Source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications.
- Apache OFBiz 16.11.01 released http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html
- CVE-2016-4462 OFBiz template remote code vulnerability and CVE-2016-6800 Apache OFBiz blog stored XSS vulnerability http://ofbiz.apache.org/download.html#vulnerabilities
Apache Subversion™ –exists to be universally recognized and adopted as an Open Source, centralized version control system characterized by its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the simplicity of its model and usage; and its ability to support the needs of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals to large-scale enterprise operations.
- Apache Subversion 1.8.17 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#supported-releases
- Apache Subversion 1.9.5 released http://subversion.apache.org/download/#recommended-release
Did You Know?
- Did you know we recommend those running an event based on an Apache project to review the Event Branding Overview? http://www.apache.org/foundation/marks/events
- Did you know that the Japan National Police Agency uses Apache Wicket for its opinion box? http://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache Project Maturity Model defines a structure for evaluating ASF projects (communities + technology), and has served as an example for other communities as well? http://community.apache.org/apache-way/apache-project-maturity-model.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 01:54PM Dec 02, 2016 by Sally in General | |