The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 25 November 2016
We're closing out quite a productive month with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 December 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield perky performance at 99.83% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- CFP OPEN: Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Recordings of sessions are being processed and posted at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
Apache Community Development –helps those new to the ASF and Apache Projects take their first steps towards being a part of the Apache community.
- The Apache Community Development Team Prepares to Send Out its First Diversity Survey http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3Cpony-31e1cbf2b23a01ea035ee3323fe2ab95950c8284-dc1f345f30800e5cbef086a8801c55be77bc49c3%40announce.apache.org%3E
Apache CloudStack™ CloudMonkey –can be used both as an interactive shell and as a command line tool that enables cloud administrators and users to easily manage configuration and management of Apache CloudStack clouds.
- Apache CloudStack CloudMonkey 5.3.3 released http://cloudstack.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Geode™ –Big Data in-memory data grid used by hundreds of enterprises to power mission-critical low latency, high concurrency transactional applications at extreme scale.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Geode™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/vS44
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR)
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.21 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache jclouds™ –an Open Source multi-cloud toolkit for the Java platform that gives you the freedom to create applications that are portable across clouds while giving you full control to use cloud-specific features.
- Apache jclouds 1.9.3 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/jclouds
Apache JMeter™ –a 100% pure Java application designed to test server applications.
- Apache JMeter 3.1 released http://jmeter.apache.org/download_jmeter.cgi
Apache POI™ –a Java library for reading and writing Microsoft Office files.
- Apache POI 3.16 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/release/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- CVE-2016-6816 Apache Tomcat Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3C60944c86-3492-4e03-4d2b-fd4d9736f0d9%40apache.org%3E
- CVE-2016-8735 Apache Tomcat Remote Code Execution http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3Cac0f27e5-121b-ceac-eb1e-954ee54d65ac%40apache.org%3E
- CVE-2016-6817 Apache Tomcat Denial of Service http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3Ca9a2bf36-012a-2d10-28eb-4d2c33db3ddf%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Groovy is one of the most widely used alternative languages for the JVM (Java virtual machine) with ~12M annual downloads per year? http://groovy.apache.org/
- Did you know that Airbnb uses Apache Kafka in their billing system? http://kafka.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache SenSoft (incubating) is a Software-as-a-Sensor™ usability testing platform? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/senssoft.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 03:50PM Nov 25, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |