The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 11 November 2016
Whether you're observing Remembrance Day, Veteran's Day, Single's Day, or simply making a wish on 11/11, the Apache community is convening for next week's conferences in Seville. And, per usual, the Apache machine continues to turn:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 November 2016. Board calendar and minutes available athttp://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield perky performance at 99.86% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Starting Monday! Apache: Big Data followed by ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache Directory™ –an ongoing effort to provide an enhancedLDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0-RC2 released http://directory.apache.org/api/downloads.html
- Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M12 released http://directory.apache.org/studio/downloads.html
Apache Fortress™ –provides a Role-Based Access Control system that is fully ANSI INCITS 359 compliant and production ready.
- Apache Fortress 2.0.0-RC1 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/downloads.html
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 0.10.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/knox/0.10.0
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.3.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
- Apache Solr 6.3.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- CVE-2016-8736: Apache Openmeetings RMI Registry Java Deserialization RCE http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3CCAJmbs8i2AFb9ddx2HDSea-XLkR7rRFeM05epxtQzDzSa6ZST3A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Tika™ –a toolkit for detecting and extracting metadata and structured text content from various documents using existing parser libraries.
- Apache Tika 1.14 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/tika/apache-tika-1.14-src.zip
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.0.M13 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.8 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- Apache Traffic Server v7.0.0 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/downloads
Apache Wicket™ –an Open Source Java component oriented Web application framework.
- CVE-2016-6806: Apache Wicket CSRF detection vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201611.mbox/%3CCAB63Y-cZ+ZydQB=zPKNJDFyb-AgSV2ba=FA9wqz7rDQw_hemNQ@mail.gmail.com%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that each BarCamp Apache is different, based on the individuals, ideas, and communitites participating? http://feathercast.apache.org/apachecon-europe-2016-barcamp-apache/
- Did you know that Apache CouchDB was instrumental in providing offline-first applications in the 2014-2015 Ebola outbreak in West Africa? http://couchdb.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Project anniversaries in November include: Labs (10 yrs); HTTP Components (9 yrs); Abdera, Attic, Buildr, CouchDB, and Qpid (8 yrs); Community Development (7 yrs); OODT and ZooKeeper (6 yrs); Kafka and Syncope (4 yrs); Ambari and Marmotta (3 yrs); BookKeeper, DeviceMap, Drill, and MetaModel (2 yrs); and Brooklyn, Groovy, Kylin, and REEF (1 yr)? Many happy returns to all!
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami. Details coming.
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 12:35PM Nov 11, 2016 by Sally in General | |