The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 4 November 2016
Welcome November! As we're busily preparing for our upcoming conferences in Seville, the Apache community has also been working on the following:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 November 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield perky performance at 99.87% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us at Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
Apache BVal™ –an implementation of the Java Bean Validation specification.
- Apache BVal 1.1.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/bval/1.1.2/
Apache Calcite™ –a framework for writing data management systems.
- Apache Calcite Avatica 1.9.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-avatica-1.9.0/
Apache CloudStack™ –deploys and manages large networks of virtual machines as a highly available, highly scalable Infrastructure as a Service (IaaS) Cloud computing platform.
- CVE-2016-6813: Apache CloudStack registerUserKeys authorization vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201610.mbox/%3CCAJtfqCupOYQoNY2BNx86_zauses_MpmpiX8WciO_DEaWp6uNig%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Derby™ –a pure Java relational database engine that conforms to the ISO/ANSI SQL and JDBC standards.
- Apache Derby 10.13.1.1 released http://db.apache.org/derby/derby_downloads.html
Apache Fluo (incubating) –a distributed system for incrementally processing large data sets stored in Apache Accumulo.
- Apache Fluo Recipes 1.0.0-incubating released https://fluo.apache.org/release/fluo-recipes-1.0.0-incubating/
Apache Geode (incubating) –a data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.0.0-incubating released http://geode.incubator.apache.org/releases/
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP via Java NIO.
- Apache MINA 2.0.16 released http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html
- Apache FtpServer 1.1.0 released http://mina.apache.org/ftpserver/downloads.html
Apache S2Graph (incubating) –a graph database designed to handle transactional graph processing at scale.
- Apache S2Graph 0.1.0-incubating released http://mirror.navercorp.com/apache/incubator/s2graph/0.1.0-incubating/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can share what you're planning to work on at ApacheCon? https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/what_are_you_working_on
- Did you know that Astronomer uses Apache Airflow (incubating) to create a modern platform for building data pipelines? http://incubator.apache.org/projects/airflow.html
- Did you know that over the past month 2,488 people created 7,524 new issues, and 811 people closed 6,212 issues? Top 3 topics: HBase, YARN, and CommonsRDF!
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami. Details coming.
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 12:56PM Nov 04, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |