The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 21 October 2016
The Apache community has been hard at work this week. Here's what took place:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Announcing changes in ASF Executive Leadership https://s.apache.org/OH3o
- Next Board Meeting: 16 November 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield stable performance at 99.61% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Early registration incentives for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville end 3 November http://apachecon.com/
Apache Commons™ Lang –provides helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties.
- Apache Commons Lang 3.5 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-lang/download_lang.cgi
Apache Commons™ Weaver –provides an easy way to enhance compiled Java classes by generating ("weaving") bytecode into those classes.
- Apache Commons Weaver 1.3 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-weaver/download_weaver.cgi
Apache Flume™ –a distributed, reliable, and available service for efficiently collecting, aggregating, and moving large amounts of log data.
- Apache Flume 1.7.0 released http://flume.apache.org/download.html
Apache Fluo (incubating) –adds distributed transactions to Apache Accumulo, and provides an observer/notification framework to allow users to incrementally update large data sets stored in Accumulo.
- Apache Fluo 1.0.0-incubating released https://fluo.apache.org/release/fluo-1.0.0-incubating/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.20 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kafka™ –a high-throughput, publish-subscribe messaging system rethought of as a distributed commit log.
- Apache Kafka 0.10.1.0 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi?path=/kafka/0.10.1.0/kafka-0.10.1.0-src.tgz
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.7.1 release http://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Qpid™ –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0.
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.15.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.3.31 GA + Security Fixes and Struts 2.5.5 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.html
Apache Tomcat™ –Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 6.0.47 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-60.cgi
Apache Zeppelin™ –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing system such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.6.2 released http://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that a record 63 projects are under development in the Apache Incubator? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that Alibaba, the world's largest eCommerce retailer, uses Apache Flink to power critical aspects of its search infrastructure and deliver relevance and accuracy to its end users? http://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache Tinkerpop Gremlin graph traversal language is Turing Complete? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 02:10PM Oct 21, 2016 by Sally Khudairi in General | |