The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 30 September 2016
We're closing out the month with the following activities from the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- ASF Operations Summary: May - Aug 2016 https://s.apache.org/1BsV
- Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield plucky performance at 99.62% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- DEADLINE: Early registration ends 3 October for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville http://apachecon.com/
- Discount hotel block details http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/attend/hotel-travel
- Program, keynotes for Apache: Big Data now available http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apache-big-data-europe/program/schedule
- Program just posted for ApacheCon https://apacheconeu2016.sched.org/
Apache Commons™ BeanUtils –provides an easy-to-use but flexible wrapper around reflection and introspection.
- Apache Commons BeanUtils 1.9.3 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-beanutils/download_beanutils.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.6.7 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 188.8.131.52 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache Lucy™ Clownfish –"symbiotic" object system pairs with "host" programming language environments and facilitates the development of high performance language extensions.
- Apache Clownfish 0.6.0 released http://lucy.apache.org/download.html
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework which helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.
- Apache MINA 2.0.15 released http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 3.1.3 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and operational analytics for Hadoop through SQL support using HBase as it's backing store and integrates with other projects in the ecosystem such as Spark, Hive, Pig, Flume, and MapReduce.
- Apache Phoenix 4.8.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/phoenix/
Apache UIMA™ Ruta –(Rule-based Text Annotation) is a rule-based script language supported by Eclipse-based tooling.
- Apache UIMA Ruta 2.5.0 released http://uima.apache.org/ruta.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can follow activities pertaining to Apache Brand Management at @ASFBrands, the official account for ASF Trademark activities? https://twitter.com/ASFBrands
- Did you know that you can learn all about Apache Projects at https://projects.apache.org/ ?
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The ASF Q1 FY2017 Report is available at https://s.apache.org/1BsV
# # #
Posted at 01:37PM Sep 30, 2016 by Sally in General | |