The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 23 September 2016
It's time for our Friday review of the Apache community's impressive activities over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 October 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield rocking performance at 99.76% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us! Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville - early registration ends 3 October http://apachecon.com/
- Discount hotel block details http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/attend/hotel-travel
Apache Accumulo™ –a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
- Apache Accumulo 1.6.6 https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.9.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/calcite/apache-calcite-1.9.0/
Apache CouchDB™ –pioneering Open Source database that scales from Big Data to Mobile.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® CouchDB™ v2.0 https://s.apache.org/AbVD
Apache Kudu™ –Open Source columnar storage engine for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Kudu™ v1.0 https://s.apache.org/W2wq
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 1.5.4 released https://kylin.apache.org/download/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.4.6, 2.6.6, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.10 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.2.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/6.2.1
- Apache Solr 6.2.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/6.2.1
Apache MyFaces™ Core –JavaServer Faces 2.2 implementation as specified by JSR-344.
- Apache MyFaces Core v2.2.11 released http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library which enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients) for OData V2 and V4.
- Apache Olingo 4.3.0 has been released http://olingo.apache.org/doc/odata4/download.html
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.3 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache POI™ –Java API to access Microsoft document file formats.
- Apache POI 3.15 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/poi/release/RELEASE-NOTES.txt
Apache Storm™ –a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
-Apache Storm 0.10.2 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Syncope™ 2.0 https://s.apache.org/KDhX
Apache Tephra (incubating) –a transaction engine for distributed data stores like Apache HBase.
- Apache Tephra-0.9.0-incubating released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/incubator/tephra/0.9.0-incubating/src
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Beam, Impala, Kafka, Kylin, Spark, Solr, and Zeppelin all won Bossie Awards for Big Data? Apache Mesos also won in the Cloud category! http://www.infoworld.com/article/3121247/open-source-tools/bossies-2016-the-best-of-open-source-software-awards.html
- Did you know that Apache Beam, Cassandra, Hadoop, Kafka, Mesos, and Spark won Datanami Editors' & Readers' Choice Awards? https://t.co/YpAx8EZi9B
- Did you know that dozens of Apache Project MeetUps take place around the world? https://www.apache.org/events/meetups.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 01:54PM Sep 23, 2016 by Sally in General | |