The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 16 September 2016
We're mid-month and the Apache community is continuing to produce great work:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 September 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield cracking performance at 99.88% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us! Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville --hotel block details http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/attend/hotel-travel
- FINAL CALL: 16 September - Travel Assistance applications due http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.2.3 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/hbase/1.2.3
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.3, 2.8.3, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.7, 1.2.19 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 5.5.3 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/5.5.3
- Apache Solr 5.5.3 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/solr/5.5.3
- Reference Guide for Apache Solr 6.2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-6.2.pdf
Apache Qpid™ –a cross-platform enterprise messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.11.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Storm™ – a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
-Apache Storm 0.10.2 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Syncope™ 2.0 https://s.apache.org/KDhX
Did You Know?
- Did you know that we expect all Apache community participants to honor our Code of Conduct? https://www.apache.org/foundation/policies/conduct
- Did you know that hundreds of thousands of software solutions are distributed under the Apache License? http://apache.org/licenses/
- Did you know that all Apache Projects are independent and non-commercial? http://community.apache.org/projectIndependence.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, Zest, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 01:02PM Sep 16, 2016 by Sally in General | |