The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 9 September 2016
The Apache community has been kicking it in this week! Here's what happened:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 September 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield "three nines" performance at 99.90% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us! Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville --hotel block details http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/attend/hotel-travel
- FINAL CALL: 9 September - CFPs close http://apachecon.com/ | 16 September - Travel Assistance applications due http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Accumulo™ –a robust, scalable, high performance data storage system that features cell-based access control and customizable server-side processing.
- Apache Accumulo 1.8.0 released https://accumulo.apache.org/downloads/
Apache Apex™ –an enterprise grade native YARN big data-in-motion platform that unifies stream and batch processing.
- Apache Apex Malhar 3.5.0 released http://apex.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Chemistry™ –a collection of Java libraries, frameworks, and tools around the OASIS CMIS (Content Management Interoperability Services) specification.
- Apache Chemistry OpenCMIS 1.0.0 released https://chemistry.apache.org/java/download.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.12.2 and 2.12.4, and Jackrabbit Oak 1.5.9 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache mod_perl™ –brings together the full power of the Perl programming language and the Apache HTTP server.
- Apache-Test 1.40 released https://metacpan.org/release/Apache-Test
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi MiNiFI C++ 0.0.1 released http://nifi.apache.org/minifi/download.html
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-1.2 specification (JavaEE 7).
- Apache OpenWebBeans-1.7.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/openwebbeans/1.7.0/
Apache Qpid™ –a cross-platform enterprise messaging solution which implements the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol (AMQP).
- Apache Qpid C++ 1.35.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Serf™ –high performance C-based HTTP client library built upon the Apache Portable Runtime (APR) library.
- Apache Serf 1.3.9 released https://serf.apache.org/download
Apache SINGA (incubating) –a general distributed deep learning platform for training big deep learning models over large datasets.
- Apache SINGA (incubating) 1.0.0 released http://singa.apache.org/en/downloads.html
Apache Storm™ – a distributed, fault-tolerant, and high-performance realtime computation system that provides strong guarantees on the processing of data.
-Apache Storm 0.9.7 released http://storm.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in Java EE technology.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.0.M5 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache MyFaces™ Tobago –a well designed set of user interface components based on JSF and run on MyFaces.
- Apache Tobago 2.0.10 released http://myfaces.apache.org/tobago/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.0.37, 8.5.5, and 9.0.0.M10 released http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi and http://tomcat.apache.org/download-90.cgi
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Qunar, China's top eCommerce travel site, uses Apache Flink, HDFS, Spark, and Zeppelin to processes more than 4.5 terabytes of data each day? http://flink.apache.org/ , http://hadoop.apache.org/ , http://spark.apache.org/ , http://zeppelin.apache.org/
- Did you know that, according to The Apache Way, "if it didn't happen on-list, it didn't happen"? As demonstrated by 13M public emails, 5M email threads, by 306K authors https://lists.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache's ~6K Committers collaborate across six continents? Here's where some of them call home http://community.zones.apache.org/map.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and Zest! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 02:38PM Sep 09, 2016 by Sally in General | |