The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 2 September 2016
Welcome September! As much of the world returns from holidays, the Apache machine continues working. Let's see what the community has been up to:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 September 2016. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 99.86% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- Join us! Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon Europe/Seville --hotel block details http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-europe/attend/hotel-travel
- UPCOMING DEADLINES: 9 September - CFPs close http://apachecon.com/ | 16 September - Travel Assistance applications due http://www.apache.org/travel/
Apache Ignite™ –a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.
- Apache Ignite 1.7.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.13.2 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache MINA™ –a network application framework that helps users develop high performance and high scalability network applications easily by providing an abstract, event-driven, asynchronous API over various transports such as TCP/IP and UDP/IP vis Java NIO.
- Apache MINA 2.0.14 released http://mina.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 1.0.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/download.html
Apache Pirk (incubating) –a framework for scalable Private Information Retrieval (PIR).
- Apache Pirk 0.1.0-incubating released https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/release/incubator/pirk/0.1.0-incubating/
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.14.0 and Qpid Python 1.35.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 2.9.0 released http://uima.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that 36 of the 71 solutions listed in DZone Big Data Guide are Apache projects? https://projects.apache.org/
- Did you know that Rackspace improved email search and decreased its hardware footprint tenfold using Apache Solr? http://lucene.apache.org/solr/
Apache Community Notices:
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Avro, ComDev, Directory, Apache HTTP Server, OODT, Poi, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and Zest! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- The next Cassandra Summit will be held 7-9 September 2016 in San Jose https://cfp.cassandrasummit.org/
- ApacheCon Europe will take place 14-18 November 2016 in Seville, Spain http://apachecon.com/
- The second ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/pTMX
# # #
Posted at 12:35PM Sep 02, 2016 by Sally in General | |