The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 19 September 2014
With more than 200 projects at The Apache Software Foundation, there are so many amazing things happening in the Apache community! Here are some noteworthy items from over the past week:
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation
- Cassandra Days Joins Apache Hadoop, HBase, Spark and Other Projects on ApacheCon and CloudStack Collaboration Conference Europe Schedules http://s.apache.org/EGJ
ASF Sponsorship –the ASF Sponsorship Program offsets a significant portion of the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses such as infrastructure, administrative services, and community outreach.
- Bluehost and Samsung join ASF Bronze Sponsors Accor, Basis Technology, Cerner Engineering, Cloudsoft, Liip, Talend, and Twitter! http://apache.org/foundation/thanks
Apache Cassandra™ –linear scalability and proven fault-tolerance on commodity hardware or cloud infrastructure make Apache Cassandra the perfect platform for mission-critical data.
- Cassandra 2.1 released http://s.apache.org/jwx
Apache Helix™ –generic cluster management framework used for the automatic management of partitioned, replicated and distributed resources hosted on a cluster of nodes.
- Helix 0.6.4 released http://helix.apache.org/0.6.4-docs/releasenotes/release-0.6.4.html
- Helix 0.7.1 (beta) released http://helix.apache.org/0.7.1-docs/releasenotes/release-0.7.1.html
Apache PDFBox™ –Open Source Java tool (library) for working with PDF documents.
- PDFBox 1.8.7 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Syncope™ –Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments, implemented in JEE technology.
- Syncope 1.2.0-M1 released http://syncope.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Traffic Server™ –fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- Traffic Server 5.1.0 released https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/TS/What's+new+in+v5.1.x