The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 7 January 2022
Welcome, 2022! We hope that you have had a festive holiday season
and are excited to kick off the new year. Here's what happened over the
- Summary and stats at https://s.apache.org/Apache2021Digits
- Video highlights https://youtu.be/GU0SV_2tWkU
- December 2021 https://s.apache.org/December2021
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 280 Apache Committers changed 2,780,891 lines of code over 2,868 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Gary Gregory, Mark Thomas, Harikrishna Patnala, and Claus Ibsen.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- Apache Avro 1.11.0 released
-- CVE-2021-43045: Possible DOS vulnerabilities in C# Avro SDK
- Apache Camel 3.11.5 (LTS) released
- Apache James 3.6.1 released
-- CVE-2021-38542: STARTTLS command injection (IMAP and POP3)
-- CVE-2021-40110: IMAP vulnerable to a ReDoS
-- CVE-2021-40111: IMAP parsing Denial Of Service
-- CVE-2021-40525: Sieve file storage vulnerable to path traversal attacks
- Apache Struts 126.96.36.199 released
- Apache Portals 3.1.1 released
-- CVE-2021-36737: XSS in V3 Demo Portlet
-- CVE-2021-36738: XSS vulnerability in the JSP version of the Pluto Applicant MVCBean CDI portlet
-- CVE-2021-36739: XSS vulnerability in the MVCBean JSP portlet maven archetype
Did You Know?
- Did you know that in 2021, 724 individuals new to the ASF contributed to Apache projects and initiatives? https://s.apache.org/Apache2021Digits
- Did you know that Apache Druid is frequently used for AdTech data? https://druid.apache.org/
- Did you know that PulsarSummit Asia 2022 will be held online on January 15-16? https://pulsar-summit.org/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:38PM Jan 10, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |