The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 17 December 2021
We're wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 January 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 346 Apache Committers changed 1,957,663 lines of code over 3,699 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Sebastian Bazley, Claus Ibsen, Owen Nichols, Gary Gregory, and Daniel Gruno.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- Apache Druid 0.22.1 released
- Apache Calcite Avatica 1.20.0 released
- Apache NiFi 1.15.1 released
- Apache Flink 1.14.2, 1.13.5, 1.12.7, and 1.11.6 released
- Apache Log4j 2.12.2 and 2.16.0 released
-- CVE-2021-4104: Deserialization of untrusted data in JMSAppender in Apache Log4j 1.2
-- CVE-2021-45046: Thread Context Message Pattern and Context Lookup Pattern vulnerable to a denial of service attack
- Apache Solr 8.11.1 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Logging Services Project Management Committee (PMC) worked around the clock to release v.2.15.0 and v2.16.0 to address the critical Log4j RCE vulnerability? https://logging.apache.org/log4j/2.x/
- Did you know that many Apache Projects and their communities have provided patches, fixes, or guidelines for their users to mitigate the recent Apache Log4j Zero Day vulnerability? Check the list of Apache Projects affected by the Log4j CVE https://blogs.apache.org/security/entry/cve-2021-44228 , and read our published statement and FAQs at https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/apache-log4j-cves for more information.
- Did you know that the Apache Local Chapter/Beijing recently celebrated
its 2-year anniversary, joining Indore (2.5 years), Warsaw and Budapest
(1.5 years), Lagos (4 months), and Shenzhen (launching this week!)?
- Did you know that individuals and organizations can support the ASF through one-time and recurring tax-deductible donations online using ACH, credit card, and PayPal, as well as Apple Pay, Google Pay, and Microsoft Pay (using your mobile device)? https://donate.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:14PM Dec 20, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |