The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 26 November 2021
We're wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 December 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.97%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 303 Apache Committers changed 18,449,074 lines of code over 6,624 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Krist Wongsuphasawat, Jesse Yang, Ville Brofeldt, Yongjie Zhao, and Harikrishna Patnala.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Kafka 2.6.3 released
- Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.18.0 released
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Giving Tuesday, the global day of giving, takes place this year on Tuesday 30 November. Your individual and corporate donations help the all-volunteer ASF continue to steward 350+ Apache Projects and their communities, and provide more than $22B worth of Apache software to the public good at 100% no charge? https://donate.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can learn more about Apache TVM --the ASF's first
full stack software and hardware co-optimization project-- at TVMCon,
taking place online and free-of-charge 15-17 December?
- Did you know that the New Zealand government uses Apache Wicket for its national statistics Website?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 03:27PM Nov 29, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |