The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache Weekly News Round-up: week ending 28 January 2022
Farewell, January --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 February 2022. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF's Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot –
Over the past week, 337 Apache Committers changed 1,533,287 lines of
code over 3,738 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jarek Potiuk, Sebastian Bazley, Claus Ibsen, Harikrishna Patnala, and Mark Thomas.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Tuweni (Incubating) 2.1.0 released
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.10 released
- Apache Camel 3.14.1 (LTS) released
- Apache Hop 1.1.0 released
- Apache Tomcat CVE-2022-23181: Local Privilege Escalation
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF published a statement following the 13 January meeting at the White House on the security of Open Source software? https://s.apache.org/jri14
- Did you know that members of the Apache Arrow, Flink, Kafka, Mahout, Maven, OpenOffice, ShardingSphere, Spark, and other project communities will be presenting at FOSDEM (taking place online 5-6 February)?
- Did you know that the CFP for Beam Summit (hybrid event taking place 18-20 July) closes on 15 March?
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
- Presentations from 2021's ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works."
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 03:05PM Jan 31, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |