The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 30 November 2018
Farewell, November: you certainly were a fast-moving month. This past week was fast-moving as well, with the following activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –help keep Apache software for everyone.
- From Giving Tuesday to every day, more than 700 generous contributors have donated nearly $80,000 to the ASF as part of our Individual Giving campaigns. Giving to the ASF feels great and is so easy --every dollar counts! https://s.apache.org/9cCy
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August - October 2018 https://s.apache.org/d2Fq
- Next Board Meeting: 19 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- SAVE THE DATE: ApacheCon North America 2019 will take place 9-13 September in Las Vegas http://apachecon.com/
- POSTPONED: Apache Roadshow DC/Open Source Job Fair. Watch this space for new dates.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield symmetrical performance at 98.89% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
Apache Code Snapshot –this week, 498 Apache contributors changed 941,670 lines of code over 2,745 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Till Rohrmann, Jan Piotrowski, Tellier Benoit, Chun-Hung Hsiao, and Andrzej Kaczmarek.
Apache Bigtop™ –packaging and interoperability testing of the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- Apache Bigtop 1.3.0 released https://bigtop.apache.org/
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate Big Data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.7.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.7 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464).
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.31.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- Apache Traffic Server v7.1.5 and v8.0.1 released https://trafficserver.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can find the logos of (nearly) all Apache projects at http://www.apache.org/logos/ ? Thanks to Apache Community Development (ComDev) for leading the effort on this! http://community.apache.org/
- Did you know that new podlings in the Apache Incubator include BRPC, Marvin-AI, Pinot, ShardingSphere, and Zipkin? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that, contrary to popular belief, the Apache Weekly News Round-ups aren't auto-generated, but individually written by ASF Vice President Marketing & Publicity? 229 published thus far and going strong...
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Operations Summary: Q1 FY2019 https://s.apache.org/qiKn
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Flink Forward China will take place 21-22 December 2018 in Beijing https://china-2018.flink-forward.org/call-for-presentations-submit-talk/
- The Apache Big Data community will be at DataWorks Summit 18-21 March 2019 in Barcelona and 20-23 May 2019 in Washington DC https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Future dates for Spark + AI Summit 2019 announced: 23-25 April/San Francisco and 15-17 October/Amsterdam https://databricks.com/sparkaisummit/
- Block your calendars for ApacheCon North America: taking place in September 2019; announcing dates and details soon. http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 02:45PM Nov 30, 2018 by Sally in General | |