The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 March 2017
And it's Friday already! Here's what the Apache community have been working on this week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- Next Board Meeting: 15 March 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Success at Apache –our fourth installment in the new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Rule of the Makers by Nick Kew https://s.apache.org/yFgQ
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield reliable performance at 99.80% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
- Conference schedule announced https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/apachecon-tomorrow-s-software-today
- Introducing a new level of ApacheCon sponsorship: the Apache Community Sponsor http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america/sponsors/community-sponsor
- Early registration and hotel incentives end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america | Apache Committers: register using your apache.org email + discount code to save even more.
Apache Curator™ –Java libraries that make using Apache ZooKeeper much easier and more reliable.
- Apache Curator 2.12.0 and 3.3.0 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/curator/
Apache Ignite™ –a high-performance, integrated and distributed in-memory platform for computing and transacting on large-scale data sets in real-time, orders of magnitude faster than possible with traditional disk-based or flash-based technologies.
- Apache Ignite 1.9.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/download.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.15.1 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.24, 1.4.14, and 1.6.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.4.2 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/6.4.2
- Apache Solr 6.4.2 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 220.127.116.11 GA with Security Fix released http://struts.apache.org/download.cgi#struts25101
Apache UIMA™ –Unstructured Information Management Architecture is a component framework supporting development, discovery, composition, and deployment of multi-modal analytics tasked with the analysis of unstructured information.
- Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.0 released http://uima.apache.org/ruta.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that we have been chosen as a Google Summer of Code (GSoC) Mentoring Organization for the 12th consecutive year? Apache Committer Mentors wanted! https://summerofcode.withgoogle.com/organizations/5416945173135360/
- Did you know that the first ASF Committer Diversity Survey (2016) and its results can be found at https://s.apache.org/43aW ?
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America + Apache: BigData, CloudStack Collaboration Conferenxe, FlexJS Summit, Apache: IoT, and TomcatCon will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 02:22PM Mar 10, 2017 by Sally in General | |