The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 17 August 2018
Happy Friday from the Apache community! Let's delve into what's happened over the past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 September. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series, now in its 20th year.
- 24-27 September: we look forward to seeing you in Montreal. 100+ Apache community-driven sessions: register today http://apachecon.com/acna18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield superb performance at 98.54% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 418 Apache contributors changed 760,843 lines of code over 2,533 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Benjamin Mahler, Uma Maheswara Rao G, Stephen Mallette, and Jeff Elsloo.
Apache Commons™ Compress –defines an API for working with compression and archive formats.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.18 released http://commons.apache.org/
- [CVE-2018-11771] Apache Commons Compress 1.7 to 1.17 denial of service vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201808.mbox/%3C87in4apjvv.fsf%40v45346.1blu.de%3E
Apache Commons™ RNG –library that provides a collection of implementations of random numbers generators.
- Apache Commons RNG 1.1 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted language for the Java platform.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.2 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Olingo™ –a Java library that enables developers to implement OData service providers (server) and consumers (clients) for OData V2 and V4.
- Apache Olingo 4.5.0 released https://olingo.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.29.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Incubator is the entry path for projects/codebases wishing to become part of the efforts at The Apache Software Foundation? Mentorship ensures code donations align with ASF legal standards and project communities are developed "The Apache Way". http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache Community will be participating in HackTheAlps? Registration closes 19 August; sign up today. https://www.hackthealps.it/
- Did you know that the ASF offsets its day-to-day operating expenses through the generous contributions of individual donors and corporate Sponsors? http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 01:29PM Aug 17, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |