The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 13 July 2018
Happy Friday, everyone. Let's review the Apache community's activities over the past week:
Success at Apache –a monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- The Apache Way for Executives by Alex Karasulu https://s.apache.org/2Wg8
Support Apache –helping offset the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses keeps Apache projects freely available for all.
- From individual contributions to ASF Sponsorship to corporate matching gift programs, every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Annual Report for 2018 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/VVyr
- Next Board Meeting: 18 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series. Join us!
- 24-27 September: Sign up for ApacheCon today and SAVE $300 http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
- Media and Community Partner opportunities available: contact email@example.com if you can help.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield sizzling performance at 92.97% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 504 Apache contributors changed 892,182 lines of code over 2,921 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jeremy Mitchell, Gary Gregory, Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Chris Brody, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Commons™ Pool –provides an object-pooling API and a number of object pool implementations.
- Apache Commons Pool 2.6.0 released http://commons.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ –an ongoing effort to provide an enhancedLDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache LDAP API 1.0.2 http://directory.apache.org/
- CVE-2018-1337 Plaintext Password Disclosure in Secured Channel http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201807.mbox/%3CCAG8%3DFRgsDuDkVhUjRHvq9mwvxjcMD3eL2nWhyFDMymd4D%3Dz5nA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore that provides connection management, cookie management, and authentication
- HttpComponents Client 4.5.6 GA released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Kylin™ –an Open Source Distributed Analytics Engine designed to provide SQL interface and multi-dimensional analysis (OLAP) on Apache Hadoop, supporting extremely large datasets.
- Apache Kylin 2.3.2 released https://kylin.apache.org/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments.
- Apache Syncope 2.1.0 http://syncope.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Expression Language and Java WebSocket technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 7.0.90 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Apache XMLBeans™ –a tool that allows access to the full power of XML in a Java friendly way.
- Apache XMLBeans under management of Apache POI project; 3.0.0 released https://xmlbeans.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that slide presentations from the Apache Roadshow/Berlin are available at https://s.apache.org/FPCP ? Video presentations at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDJ_V9KUOdOFSbDvPfGBxw too!
- Did you know that the following projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache Tcl (18 years); Apache DB (16 years); Apache ODE (11 years); Apache STeVe (6 years); Apache JSPWiki (5 years); Apache Celix, Tez, and VXQuery (4 years); Apache NiFi (3 years); Apache Kudu (2 years); Apache Fluo, MADlib, and Streams (1 year)! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that you can meet members of the Apache community at the Apache booth at OSCON 18-19 July? http://oscon.com/
Apache Community Notices:
- ASF Annual Report for FY2018 https://s.apache.org/FY2018AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
# # #
Posted at 02:13PM Jul 13, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |