The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 6 July 2018
Hello Friday and welcome, July! Here we go --the Apache Community has been productive over the past week with:
Support Apache –thank you in advance for helping offset the ASF's day-to-day operating expenses! Every dollar counts.
- Corporate matching gifts can double your individual contribution to the ASF. Add the ASF to your corporate matching gift program today http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html#CorporateGiving
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 July. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series. Join us!
- 24-27 September: Sign up for ApacheCon today and SAVE $300 http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
- Seeking Media and Community Partners for ApacheCon: contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you can help.
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield stablized performance at 87.35% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 451 Apache contributors changed 987,908 lines of code over 2,626 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Rakesh Radhakrishnan, Till Rohrmann, mxnet-ci, and Tellier Benoit.
Apache CXF™ –an Open Source services framework.
- Apache Apache CXF 3.2.5, 3.1.16, and CXF Fediz 1.4.4 released http://cxf.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Core –a set of low level HTTP transport components that can be used to build custom client and server side HTTP services with a minimal footprint.
- Apache HttpComponents Core 4.4.10 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.8 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.8.5 and 1.9.5 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Jena™ –a framework for developing Semantic Web and Linked Data applications in Java.
- Apache Jena 3.8.0 released http://jena.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 0.10.2.2 and 0.11.0.3 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ Solr™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- CVE-2018-8026: XXE vulnerability due to Apache Solr configset upload http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201807.mbox/%3C0e6d01d4145f%249ed40250%24dc7c06f0%24%40apache.org%3E
Apache OpenNLP™ –a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of natural language text.
- Apache OpenNLP 1.9.0 released https://opennlp.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 1.8.15 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
- DoS (OOM) Vulnerability in Apache PDFBox's AFMParser http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201806.mbox/%3C2e123ab7-5492-d35a-1c85-7b13dbd438ec%40apache.org%3E
Apache Qpid™ JMS –pure java implementation of messaging broker supporting Advanced Message Queuing Protocols 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464).
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.34.0, Qpid Dispatch 1.2.0, and Qpid Proton 0.24.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Apache Syncope™ –an Open Source system for managing digital identities in enterprise environments.
- Apache Syncope 2.0.9 http://syncope.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can watch presentations from the Apache Roadshow and FOSS Backstage at https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCLDJ_V9KUOdOFSbDvPfGBxw ?
- Did you know that Clojure MXNet has become part of the main Apache MXNet (incubating) project? http://mxnet.apache.org/
- Did you know that you can meet members of the Apache community at the Apache booth at OSCON 18-19 July? http://oscon.com/
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF FY 2017 Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 05:38PM Jul 06, 2018 by Sally in General | |