The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 1 June 2018
Welcome, June! The Apache community is wrapping up the week with the following activities:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 June. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Sponsorship –individual donors and corporate sponsors who support the ASF.
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Added Support by Oath to Help Apache Infrastructure https://s.apache.org/eTNY
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- 11-14 June: Apache Roadshow Europe/Berlin --event within FOSS Backstage https://foss-backstage.de/
- 24-27 September: ApacheCon North America/Montreal http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- 8 October: Apache Roadshow and Open Source Job Fair/Fairfax, VA --Save The Date!
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield thriving performance at 98.87% uptime. http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 517 Apache contributors changed 1,105,368 lines of code over 3,240 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Zhang Duo, Gary Gregory, Stephen Mallette, Jesus Camacho Rodriguez, and Willem Jiang.
Apache Flink™ –an Open Source stream processing framework for distributed, high-performing, always-available, and accurate data streaming applications.
- Apache Flink 1.5.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.5.0 released http://groovy-lang.org/
Apache Ignite™ –a memory-centric distributed database, caching, and processing platform for transactional, analytical, and streaming workloads delivering in-memory speeds at petabyte scale.
- Apache Ignite 2.5.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak – a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.12 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache NetBeans (incubating) –a full IDE for Java SE development.
- Apache NetBeans incubating 9.0 RC1 released https://netbeans.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- Apache OpenMeetings 4.0.4 released http://openmeetings.apache.org/
Apache Pulsar (incubating) –a highly scalable, low latency messaging platform running on commodity hardware.
- Apache Pulsar 2.0.0-rc1-incubating released https://pulsar.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464, http://www.amqp.org).
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.23.0 released http://qpid.apache.org
Did You Know?
- Did you know that project-specific tracks and dedicated events co-located at ApacheCon North America include CloudStack Collaboration, Geospatial track, and TomcatCon? http://apachecon.com/acna18/
- Did you know that Apache Ignite v2.5 scales to thousands-nodes clusters to meet the demands of massive mission-critical deployments? https://ignite.apache.org/
- Did you know that Amazon Web Services' Neptune uses Apache Tinkerpop graph computing framework? http://superset.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 19 Years of Open Source Leadership "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/gK4Q
- Read "Open – For Business – At the ASF" by Merv Adrian, VP Research at Gartner https://blogs.gartner.com/merv-adrian/2018/03/27/open-for-business-at-the-asf/
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- We're teaming up the Apache Roadshow Europe with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ApacheCon North America will be held 24-27 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- Save the Date: Apache Roadshow DC and Open Source/Government/Cyber/Job Fair - 8 October 2018 in Fairfax, VA http://apachecon.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary: November 2017 - January 2018 https://s.apache.org/UtBD
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 03:45PM Jun 01, 2018 by Sally in Newsletter | |