The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 9 February 2018
"Success at Apache" –the blog series from the Apache Community that focuses on why the ASF "just works".
- A Newbie's Narrative by Kuhu Shukla https://s.apache.org/A72H
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Next Board Meeting: 21 February. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the ASF's official global conference series.
- CFP is open for ApacheCon 24-29 September in Montreal http://apachecon.com/
- CFP is also open for the Apache Roadshow Europe 13-14 June in Berlin http://apachecon.com/euroadshow18/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield ace stunning performance at 100% uptime! Go Infra! http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 524 Apache contributors changed 947,241 lines of code over 3,263 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Duo Zhang, Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Daniel Sun, Alex Harui, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Attic™ –provides process and solutions to make it clear when an Apache project has reached its end of life.
- Apache ACE retired http://attic.apache.org/projects/ACE.html
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.8.0 released http://allura.apache.org/
- CVE-2018-1299 Apache Allura directory traversal vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3Cecde8662-12c8-e921-f169-e7bd64967e31%40apache.org%3E
Apache Ant™ –a Java library and command-line tool that helps building software.
- Apache Ant 1.9.10 and 1.10.2 released http://ant.apache.org/
- CVE-2017-5645: Apache Ant 1.9.9 and 1.10.1 - Apache Log4j 1.2.13 security vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3C003501d39fe4%24bbe519f0%2433af4dd0%24%40org%3E
Apache Atlas™ –a scalable and extensible set of core foundational governance services.
- Apache Atlas 0.8.2 released http://atlas.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Compress –defines an API for working with compression and archive formats.
- Apache Commons Compress 1.16 released http://commons.apache.org/compress/
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency Big Data management solutions.
- Apache Geode 1.4.0 http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.17.1 and 2.16.1 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Knox™ –a REST API Gateway for providing secure access to the data and processing resources of Apache Hadoop clusters.
- Apache Knox 1.0.0 released http://knox.apache.org/
Apache Lens™ –provides a Unified Analytics interface.
- Apache Lens 2.7.1 released http://lens.apache.org/
Apache OODT™ –a software framework as well as an architectural style for the rapid construction of scientific data systems.
- Apache OODT 1.2.1 released http://oodt.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –AMQP enterprise messaging implementation.
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 7.0.1 released http://qpid.apache.org
- [CVE-2018-1298] Apache Qpid Broker-J Denial of Service Vulnerability with PLAIN and XOAUTH2 SASL mechanisms http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201802.mbox/%3CCAP3WMuQ9dfe%3D3FCtqoZ1Q4xkFZZ%2Bogdqn6KVxyb_O4s5rLBwuw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Sling™ –a framework for RESTful Web-applications based on an extensible content tree.
- Apache Sling 10 released https://sling.apache.org/
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- New version of the Apache Struts Maven Archetypes released http://struts.apache.org/maven-archetypes/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF's original project --the HTTP Web Server-- is celebrating its 23rd anniversary this month? Many happy returns, httpd! http://httpd.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Community Development (ComDev) publishes a monthly blog newsletter? Read up on the latest issue at https://s.apache.org/yBJh
- Did you know that Apache Ignite has a user survey underway? Share your experience, contribute to the project's growth, and win $50 gift cards! https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/IgniteSurvey18
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN 13) A Newbie's Narrative https://s.apache.org/A72H
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The Apache Tinkerpop community will be holding a MeetUp on Gremlin on 21 February in New York https://www.meetup.com/DataStax-UserGroup-NewYork/events/246762770/
- Apache CloudStack will be holding their first German Meetup on 28 February 2018 in Frankfurt https://www.meetup.com/german-CloudStack-user-group/events/246861772/?eventId=246861772
- Members of the Apache community will be presenting at DataWorks Summit 16-19 April 2018 in Berlin https://dataworkssummit.com/
- Open Expo Europe - 6-7 June 2018 in Madrid https://openexpoeurope.com/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- We're teaming up with Berlin Buzzwords - 10-12 June 2018 (Apache Lounge dates: 11-12 June) https://berlinbuzzwords.de/
- The 2018 Apache EU Roadshow will be held during FOSS Backstage in Berlin 13-14 June 2018 https://foss-backstage.de/
- Apache Big Data project communities will be participating at DataWorks Summit 17-21 June 2018 in San Jose https://dataworkssummit.com/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 02:24PM Feb 09, 2018 by Sally Khudairi in General | |