The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 12 January 2018
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield great performance at 99.93% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 390 Apache contributors changed 688,481 lines of code over 2,224 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tellier Benoit, Daniel Sun, Stian Soiland-Reyes, Mark Thomas, and Adam Soroka.
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency Big Data management solutions
- CVE-2017-9795 Apache Geode OQL method invocation vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3CCAEwge-FTf8zMT-U2XuHRv8L9ksiQExKMExOoR0Rp0W2TvpO1oA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- CVE-2017-9796 Apache Geode OQL bind parameter vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3CCAEwge-FmJu4wu9Q14iOFkD3RK3KZJqFazi%3Dx8F1JpF%2B9BQXC-A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- CVE-2017-12622 Apache Geode gfsh authorization vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3CCAEwge-FQAHe37U1zdM19NCj8NkAuyVUx7%3Dii5WHz_3%3DEY%2BBkLw%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.0.40, 1.4.19 and 1.8.0 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache OpenMeetings™ –provides video conferencing, instant messaging, white board, collaborative document editing and other groupware tools using API functions of the Red5 Streaming Server for Remoting and Streaming.
- CVE-2017-5878 - RED5/AMF Unmarshalling RCE http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201801.mbox/%3CCAJmbs8iP-Qyjx%2B0_X16V4Wwah-3%3DdvrkfDXD24xyf7K14Bquyg%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Sentry™ –a system to enforce fine grained role based authorization to data and metadata stored on a Hadoop cluster. - Apache Sentry 1.7.1 released http://sentry.apache.org/
Apache Trafodion™ –mature Big Data database management system for working in SQL at Apache Hadoop-scale levels.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Trafodion™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/gCIX
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF has 1,131 mailing lists? Over the past year, 21,772 authors sent 1,617,547 emails on 642,005 topics! https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Did you know that Apache JSPWiki now supports SheetJS for reading and displaying Excel and CSV files directly in wiki pages? http://jspwiki.apache.org/
- Did you know that the ASF will be exhibiting at FOSDEM again this year? Do stop by and say hello to many members of the Apache Community! http://community.apache.org/calendars/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The ASF will be back at FOSDEM in Brussels 3-5 February 2018. We'll see you there! https://fosdem.org/2018/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 02:24PM Jan 12, 2018 by Sally in General | |