The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 5 January 2018
Apache in 2017 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/h8do
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 January. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield cracking performance at 99.29% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 95 Apache contributors changed 111,245 lines of code over 406 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Tellier Benoit, Gary Gregory, Martin Grigorov, Xiao Li, and Francesco Chicchiriccò.
Apache DeltaSpike™ –a suite of portable CDI (Contexts & Dependency Injection) extensions intended to make application development easier when working with CDI and Java EE.
- Apache DeltaSpike 1.8.1 https://deltaspike.apache.org/
Apache Edgent (incubating) –a stream processing programming model and lightweight micro-kernel style runtime to execute analytics at devices on the edge or at the gateway.
- Apache Edgent 1.2.0-incubating released https://edgent.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.14 and Jackrabbit 2.8.7 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache MADlib™ –an Open Source library for scalable in-database analytics.
- Apache MADlib v1.13 released https://madlib.apache.org
Apache NiFi™ Registry –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi Registry 0.1.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache OFBiz™ –an Open Source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications.
- Apache OFBiz 16.11.04 released http://ofbiz.apache.org/
Apache OpenOffice™ –the leading Open Source office document productivity suite.
- Apache OpenOffice 4.1.5 released https://www.openoffice.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that over the past year the top 5 Apache project repositories by commits are, in order: Hadoop, Ambari, Lucene-Solr, Camel, and Ignite? https://s.apache.org/h8do
- Did you know that you can help members of the Apache Community welcome newcomers and mentor them on The Apache Way as a participant in ASF's Community Development (ComDev) project? http://community.apache.org/
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month: Cocoon, James, and Web Services (15 years); Lucene (13 years); ActiveMQ (11 years); Hadoop (10 years); River (7 years); Empire-db and Gora (6 years); Oltu and OpenMeetings (5 years); Samza (3 years); Arrow (2 years); and Ranger (1 year)? Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk 12) What a Long Strange (and Great) Trip It's Been https://s.apache.org/gVuN
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The ASF will be back at FOSDEM in Brussels 3-5 February 2018. We'll see you there! https://fosdem.org/2018/
- Meet members of the Apache community at Open Expo Madrid 6-7 June 2018 http://www.openexpo.es/en/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 03:46PM Jan 05, 2018 by Sally Khudairi in General | |