The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 February 2017
It's Friday, and here's what has happened with the Apache community this past week:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Success at Apache –our third installment in the new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Asynchronous Decision Making by Bertrand Delacretaz https://s.apache.org/PMvk
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield bouncy performance at 99.66% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –Tomorrow's Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
- CFPs for all events --ApacheCon core, Apache: Big Data, Apache: IoT, CloudStack Collaboration Conference, Flex JS Summit, TomcatCon and more close 11 February https://blogs.apache.org/conferences/entry/final-notice-cfp-for-apachecon
- Travel Assistance applications close 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
- Early registration and hotel incentives end 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america
- Apache Committers: remember to register using your apache.org address + discount code to save even more!
- Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
- Apache Incubator https://s.apache.org/rFii and Apache OpenNLP https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-6
Apache Ant™ –a Java library and command-line tool that helps building software.
- Apache Ant 1.9.9 and 1.10.1 released http://ant.apache.org/bindownload.cgi
Apache Beam™ –a unified programming model for both batch and streaming data processing, enabling efficient execution across diverse distributed execution engines and providing extensibility points for connecting to different technologies and user communities.
- Apache Beam 0.5.0 released https://beam.apache.org/get-started/downloads/
Apache Commons™ Configuration –software library that provides a generic configuration interface which enables a Java application to read configuration data from a variety of sources.
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.1.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-configuration/download_text.cgi
Apache Commons™ JCS –a distributed, versatile caching system.
- Apache Commons JCS 2.1 released https://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-jcs/download_jcs.cgi
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.6.8 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.4.13 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.4.1 released http://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.lua/lucene/java/6.4.1
- Apache Solr 6.4.1 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache MyFaces™ Core –a JavaServer Faces 2.2 implementation as specified by JSR-344.
- Apache MyFaces Core v2.2.12 released http://myfaces.apache.org/download.html
Apache OpenNLP™ –a machine learning based toolkit for the processing of natural language text.
- Apache OpenNLP 1.7.2 released http://opennlp.apache.org/cgi-bin/download.cgi
Apache Qpid™ Proton –a messaging library for the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0 (AMQP 1.0, ISO/IEC 19464).
- Apache Qpid Proton 0.17.0 and Qpid Proton-J 0.17.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Apache Ranger™ –Big Data security management framework for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem in use at ING, Protegrity, and Sprint, among other organizations.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Ranger™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/23CB
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5.10 GA released http://struts.apache.org/download.html#struts-ga
Apache Tomcat™ –the Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.11 http://tomcat.apache.org/download-80.cgi
Apache Zeppelin™ –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing system such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.7.0 released http://zeppelin.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?
- Did you know that standalone tracks taking place alongside ApacheCon include Apache: Big Data, Flex Project Summit, TomcatCon, Apache: IoT, and CloudStack Collaboration Conference? Join us! http://apachecon.com/
- Did you know that the India Goa Directorate of Agriculture uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #
Posted at 01:51PM Feb 10, 2017 by Sally in General | |