The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 1 December 2017
We're at the final stretch of the year --happy December! Let's review what we've been up to over the past week:
Support Apache –Adobe, Bloomberg, and Google are among the organizations who match or exceed the contributions made by their employees. If your employer has a Matching Gifts program, please consider adding The Apache Software Foundation to your list of beneficiary organizations. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: August - October 2017 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield happy performance at 99.73% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 98 Apache contributors changed 113,918 lines of code over 340 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jonathan Hurley, Mark Thomas, Jacky Li, Andrew Gaul, and Francesco Chicchiriccò.
Apache CXF™ –an Open Source services framework that helps you build and develop services using frontend programming APIs like JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- Apache Apache CXF 3.0.16 and CXF Fediz 1.4.3 and 1.3.3 released with a new security advisory CVE-2017-12631 http://cxf.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ Kerby –a Java Kerberos binding.
- Apache Directory Kerby 1.1.0 released http://directory.apache.org/kerby/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 3.0.0-alpha-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 alpha3 released http://hc.apache.org/
Apache Impala™ –high performance analytic database for Apache Hadoop in-Cloud or on-premises.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Impala™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/WpqC
Apache jclouds™ –Open Source multi-Cloud toolkit.
- Apache jclouds 2.0.3 released http://jclouds.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ –client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0, based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid C++ 1.37.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
- [CVE-2017-15701] Apache Qpid Broker-J Denial of Service Vulnerability http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201711.mbox/%3CCAFEMS4vr8tXkkmRj%2By6g0p3y3r9SqDL8Gf9%2BouhbKjPAsbJ04w%40mail.gmail.com%3E
- [CVE-2017-15702] Apache Qpid Broker-J Authentication Vulnerability on HTTP Ports http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201711.mbox/%3CCAFEMS4s6PnZqKLHKiA9TJFb028JuObc_14%2BsU9Ev4OZojPUJ6A%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Struts™ –an elegant, extensible framework for creating enterprise-ready Java Web applications.
- Apache Struts 2.5.14 GA released http://struts.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.25, 9.0.2, and Tomcat Native 1.2.16 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries in December? Apache Portable Runtime (APR) (17 yrs); Logging Services (14 yrs); Cayenne, OFBiz, and Tiles (11 yrs); Synapse (10 yrs); Camel (9 yrs); Axis, OpenWebBeans, and Pivot (8 yrs); Aries (7 yrs); ACE (6 yrs); Flex (5 yrs); Helix (4 yrs); Falcon and Flink (3 yrs); Beam and Eagle (1 yr) -- Many Happy Returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Apache Groovy has been downloaded 40 million times since the beginning of 2017? http://groovy.apache.org/
- Did you know that Amazon Neptune is fully compatible with Apache TinkerPop? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Members of the Apache community will be out in force at Open Source Summit Paris 6-7 December 2017 http://www.opensourcesummit.paris/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q2 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/j1GJ
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 04:05PM Dec 01, 2017 by Sally in General | |