The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 17 November 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 December. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield brilliant performance at 99.69% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 180 Apache contributors changed 314,925 lines of code over 965 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Stephen Mallette, Gary Gregory, Dusan Balek,Tilman Hausherr, and Ravindra Pesala.
Apache Bigtop™ –Big Data management platform.
- Apache Bigtop 1.2.1 released http://bigtop.apache.org/
Apache CXF™ –an Open Source services framework that helps you build and develop services using frontend programming APIs like JAX-WS and JAX-RS.
- New security advisory CVE-2017-12624 released for Apache CXF http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201711.mbox/%3CCAB8XdGBgipTU4-ajO0j8Khi67kziTcTqwCQbCcpRicGLd81dNA%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.6.0-alpha-2 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.15.8 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.11 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Mnemonic (incubating) –an Open Source Java-based storage-class memory oriented durable object platform for linked objects processing and analytics.
- Apache Mnemonic-0.10.0-incubating released
Apache Phoenix™ –enables OLTP and SQL-based operational analytics for Apache Hadoop.
- Apache Phoenix 4.13 released https://phoenix.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ –a component architecture and framework for the analysis of unstructured content like text, video and audio data.
- Apache UIMA Java SDK 3.0.0-beta and uimaFIT 2.4.0 released http://uima.apache.org
Apache ZooKeeper™ –a high-performance coordination service for distributed applications.
- Apache ZooKeeper 3.4.11 released http://zookeeper.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can help test the Apache Struts 2.5.14 test build? https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/958bed42bb445caf1f4e80f1137ff315b70ea3299c5a765cccb9280a@%3Cdev.struts.apache.org%3E
- Did you know that LinkedIn is leveraging Apache Calcite to provide richer operators in Dali (Data Access at LinkedIn) Views? http://calcite.apache.org/
- Did you know that Archemy's ArchNav (extensible ontology-driven search engine and knowledge repository) uses Apache Fortress for security? http://directory.apache.org/fortress/
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The ASF will be participating at China Open Source Conference COSCon '17 18-19 November in Shanghai http://www.huodongxing.com/go/coscon17
- Apache community members share leadership best practices on Open Source governance, community leadership, open development, and more at FOSS Backstage in Berlin on 20 November 2017 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/news/foss-backstage-micro-summit-registration-open-now
- Meet members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack European User Group on 21 November in Leipzig https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-38657799519?aff=estw
- New to the Apache Subversion annual hackathon: a meet-and-greet event with the project Committers! Join us on 23 November in Aachen https://wiki.apache.org/subversion/Aachen2017MeetAndGreet
- Members of the Apache community will be out in force at Open Source Summit Paris 6-7 December 2017 http://www.opensourcesummit.paris/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 02:28PM Nov 17, 2017 by Sally in General | |