The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 3 November 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 November. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield pert performance at 99.02% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 460 Apache contributors changed 915,743 lines of code over 2,359 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Stephen Mallette, Daniel Templeton, Gary Gregory, Tilman Hausherr, and Paul King.
Apache Any23™ –Anything To Triples is a library, a Web service, and a command line tool that extracts structured data in RDF format from a variety of Web documents.
- Apache Any23 2.1 https://any23.apache.org
Apache Geode™ –low latency, high concurrency data management solutions.
- Apache Geode 1.3.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Hive™ –Big Data warehouse that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- CVE-2017-12625 Apache Hive information disclosure vulnerability for column masking http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201710.mbox/%3C3791103E-80D5-4E75-AF23-6F8ED54DDEBE%40apache.org%3E
Apache Ignite™ –in-memory computing platform that is durable, strongly consistent, and highly available with powerful SQL, key-value and processing APIs.
- Apache Ignite 2.3.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.14.4 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.6 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Juneau™ –Open Source framework for quickly and easily creating Java-based REST microservices and APIs.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Juneau™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/IvJH
Apache Kafka™ –Open Source enterprise-grade scalable streaming platform.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Kafka® v1.0.0 https://s.apache.org/8jww
- Apache Kafka 1.0.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Solr Reference Guide for Solr 7.1 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/lucene/solr/ref-guide/apache-solr-ref-guide-7.1.pdf
Apache MXNet (incubating) –a deep learning framework designed for both efficiency and flexibility.
- Apache MXNet (incubating) 0.12.0 released http://mxnet.incubator.apache.org/
Apache OpenNLP™ –a Machine Learning-based toolkit for the processing of natural language text.
- Language Detector Model 1.8.3 released http://opennlp.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.8 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Apache Yetus™ –a collection of libraries and tools that enable contribution and release processes for software projects.
- Apache Yetus 0.6.0 released https://yetus.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can learn about Open Source governance, community leadership, open development, and more from dozens of members of the Apache community at FOSS Backstage Micro-Summit in Berlin on 20 November? https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/news/foss-backstage-micro-summit-registration-open-now
- Did you know that Apache Struts has new documentation? http://struts.apache.org/docs/
- Did you know that Yelp runs massively parallel integration tests on Apache Mesos with Task Processing? http://mesos.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be 8) Meritocracy. https://s.apache.org/DiEo 9) Lowering Barriers to Open Innovation https://s.apache.org/dAlg 10) All My Roads Led to Apache https://s.apache.org/l9OO 11) Scratch Your Own Itch. https://s.apache.org/7Amk
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Apache community members share leadership best practices on Open Source governance, community leadership, open development, and more at FOSS Backstage in Berlin on 20 November 2017 https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/news/foss-backstage-micro-summit-registration-open-now
- Meet members of the Apache CloudStack community at the CloudStack European User Group on 21 November in Leipzig https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-38657799519?aff=estw
- Members of the Apache community will be out in force at Open Source Summit Paris 6-7 December 2017 http://www.opensourcesummit.paris/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 11:59AM Nov 03, 2017 by Sally in General | |