The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 29 September 2017
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 October. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield fresh performance at 99.14% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ASF Operations Factoid –this week, 555 Committers changed 1,291,551 lines of code over 3,617 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Claus Ibsen; Jian He; Mark Thomas; Joel Bernstein; and Michael Jumper.
Apache CarbonData™ –BigData file format for faster interactive query using advanced columnar storage, index, compression, and encoding techniques to improve computing efficiency.
- Apache CarbonData 1.2.0 released http://carbondata.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Jelly –a tool for turning XML into executable code.
- Apache Commons Jelly 1.0.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-jelly/
- CVE-2017-12621 Apache Commons Jelly connects to URL with custom doctype definitions http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201709.mbox/%3C38CA08B7-2456-4D56-AF60-BE1168ECE522%40apache.org%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.8.6 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.8 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache JMeter™ –a 100% pure Java application designed to test server applications.
- Apache JMeter 3.3 released http://jmeter.apache.org/
Apache Parquet™ –a general-purpose columnar file format supporting nested data.
- Apache Parquet C++ 1.3.0 released http://parquet.apache.org/
Apache PredictionIO –an Open Source Machine Learning Server built on top of state-of-the-art open source stack, that enables developers to manage and deploy production-ready predictive services for various kinds of machine learning tasks.
- Apache PredictionIO 0.12.0-incubating released http://predictionio.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Qpid™ JMS –client supporting the Advanced Message Queuing Protocol 1.0, based around the Apache Qpid Proton protocol engine and implementing the AMQP JMS Mapping as it evolves at OASIS.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.25.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/
Apache RocketMQ™ –Open Source distributed messaging and streaming Big Data platform.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® RocketMQ™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/MLfe
- Did you know that Apache Arrow, Kudu, MXNet, Lucene Solr, Spark, Tinkerpop, and Zeppelin have won InfoWorld Bossie Awards this yar? https://www.infoworld.com/article/3227918/application-development/bossies-2017-the-best-of-open-source-software-awards.html
- Did you know that Apache Airflow (incubating) is a Big Data workflow engine that maximizes value extraction from data? http://airflow.apache.org/
- Did you know that work is underway to release Apache NetBeans 9? Here's how you can help https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/NETBEANS/List+of+Modules+to+Review
Apache Community Notices:
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The Apache community will be at All Things Open --stop by the ASF booth and say hello! 23-24 October in Raleigh https://allthingsopen.org/
- Learn about Apache Atlas, AriaTosca (incubating), Hadoop YARN, Kafka, ManifoldCF, Ranger, Spot (incubating), Thrift, and more at Open Source Summit Europe + ELC Europe 2017 23-26 October in Prague https://osseu17.sched.com/
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Quarterly Report: Operations Summary Q1 FY2018 https://s.apache.org/cEUm
- ASF Annual Report is available at https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
# # #
Posted at 02:52PM Sep 29, 2017 by Sally in General | |