The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 27 January 2017
We're closing out the month with another week of great work from the Apache community:
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 February 2017. Board calendar and minutes available at http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield "three nines" performance maintained at 99.97% uptime http://status.apache.org/
ApacheCon™ –the official conference series of The Apache Software Foundation.
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today. https://s.apache.org/F7Hy
- CFPs for Apache: Big Data and ApacheCon North America 16-18 May 2017/Miami close 11 February http://apachecon.com/
- Travel Assistance applications now being accepted through 8 March https://www.apache.org/travel/
- Early registration and hotel incentives available through 12 March http://events.linuxfoundation.org/events/apachecon-north-america
- Recordings from ApacheCon Europe 2016 are being uploaded at Feathercast http://feathercast.org
- Apache Incubator https://s.apache.org/rFii
- Apache OpenNLP https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/OPENNLP-6
Apache HttpComponents™ Client –a library for client-side HTTP communication built on HttpCore.
- Apache HttpComponents Client 4.5.3 GA released http://hc.apache.org/downloads.cgi
Apache Impala (incubating) –a high-performance C++ and Java SQL query engine for data stored in Apache Hadoop-based clusters.
- Apache Impala 2.8.0 released https://impala.incubator.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.10.5 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/downloads.html
Apache Kudu™ –a distributed columnar storage engine built for the Apache Hadoop ecosystem.
- Apache Kudu 1.2.0 released http://kudu.apache.org/releases/1.2.0/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.4.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/core/mirrors-core-latest-redir.html
- Apache Solr 6.4.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/solr/mirrors-solr-latest-redir.html
Apache Parquet™ –a general-purpose columnar data format with support across processing frameworks, data models, and languages.
- Apache Parquet 1.8.2 released https://www.apache.org/dyn/closer.cgi/parquet/
Apache Qpid™ –implements the latest AMQP specification, the first open standard for enterprise messaging, and provides transaction management, queuing, distribution, security, management, clustering, federation, and heterogeneous multi-platform support and a lot more.
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.20.0 released http://qpid.apache.org/download.html
Did You Know?http://incubator.apache.org/projects/mxnet.html
- Did you know that the ASF's Twitter account now has 40,000 followers? https://twitter.com/TheASF
- Did you know that you can help test the Struts 2.5.10 build? http://markmail.org/thread/gp7gdhria7k7kjxs
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a new monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) "All Carrot and No Stick" https://s.apache.org/ykoG
- Feedback from The Apache Software Foundation on the Free and Open Source Security Audit (FOSSA) https://s.apache.org/romf
- ASF Operations Summary - Q2 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/oTOF
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- ApacheCon North America and Apache:BigData will be held 16-18 May 2017 in Miami http://apachecon.com/
# # #
Posted at 03:48PM Jan 27, 2017 by Sally in General | |