The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 28 July 2017
We are closing out July with the following activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –Apache projects serve as the backbone for some of the world's most visible and widely used applications in countless categories. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield solid performance at 93.83% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Arrow™ –a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.5.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Fluo™ –newest addition to Apache Big Data ecosystem used for continual, incremental processing of data at petabyte scale.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Fluo™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/NI73
Apache Ignite™ –an In-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- Apache Ignite 2.1.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.7.4 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache James™ –Java Apache Mail Enterprise Server has a modular architecture based on a rich set of modern and efficient components which provides at the end complete, stable, secure and extendable Mail Servers running on the JVM.
- Apache James 3.0.0 released http://james.apache.org/
Apache OODT™ – a software framework as well as an architectural style for the rapid construction of scientific data systems.
- Apache OODT 1.1 released http://oodt.apache.org/
Apache OpenWebBeans™ –a CDI container (Contexts and Dependency Injection for Java) and targets the CDI-2.0 specification (JavaEE 8).
- Apache OpenWebBeans 2.0.0 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org
Apache Subversion™ –an Open Source centralized version control system characterized by its reliability as a safe haven for valuable data; the simplicity of its model and usage; and its ability to support the needs of a wide variety of users and projects, from individuals to large-scale enterprise operations.
- Apache Subversion 1.10.0-alpha3 released http://subversion.apache.org/
Apache Traffic Server™ –a fast, scalable and extensible HTTP/1.1 compliant caching proxy server.
- Apache Traffic Server 7.1.0 released http://trafficserver.apache.org/
Apache UIMA™ –Unstructured Information Management Architecture (UIMA) is a component framework supporting development, discovery, composition, and deployment of multi-modal analytics tasked with the analysis of unstructured information.
- Apache UIMA Ruta 2.6.1 released http://uima.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that new innovation categories in the Apache Incubator include IoT, Microfinance, Machine Learning, Web Services, and Cryptography? http://incubator.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Accumulo Summit will take place on 16 October? CFP & registration now open https://accumulo.apache.org/blog/2017/07/27/accumulo-summmit-on-october-16.html
- Did you know that the Apache CouchDB community issues a weekly news update? https://blog.couchdb.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
- If you're looking for the ASF on social media, we're @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation (follows/re-tweets/shares/likes appreciated!)- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the Apache Community Development blog https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-35565783215
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 01:59PM Jul 28, 2017 by Sally in General | |