The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 21 July 2017
Hello, Friday. Let's take a look at what the Apache community has been working on over the past week:
Support Apache –Apache's community-led projects bring billions in value to users, developers, and critical applications. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 16 August. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- ASF Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield shipshape performance at 94.89% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Geode™ –Big Data management platform that provides a database-like consistency model, reliable transaction processing and a shared-nothing architecture to maintain very low latency performance with high concurrency processing.
- Apache Geode 1.2.0 released http://geode.apache.org/
Apache Hive™ –Big Data warehouse software that facilitates querying and managing large datasets residing in distributed storage.
- Apache Hive 2.3.0 released https://hive.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.4.8 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.3 and 1.4.17 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Libcloud™ –a Python library that abstracts away the differences among multiple cloud provider APIs.
- Apache Libcloud 2.1.0 released http://libcloud.apache.org/
Apache PDFBox™ –an Open Source Java tool for working with PDF documents.
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.7 released http://pdfbox.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that 20% of all Apache lines of code are comments (nearly 3x the entire Linux codebase)? https://projects.apache.org/statistics.html
- Did you know that the Apache Directory Fortress access control system was designed for Java runtime environments with millions of users and thousands of requests per second? http://directory.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache OpenWebBeans Meecrowave microprofile server contains all you need to run a JavaEE-based microservice from the command line, in only 9 MB? http://openwebbeans.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
- If you're looking for the ASF on social media, we're @TheASF on Twitter and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation (follows/re-tweets/shares/likes appreciated!)- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the Apache Community Development blog https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-35565783215
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 12:18PM Jul 21, 2017 by Sally Khudairi in General | |