The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 22 July 2022
We’re wrapping up another great week with the following activities from the Apache community:
ApacheCon™ – the ASF’s official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow’s Technology Today since 1998.
- Registrations are open for ApacheCon North America, 2022 https://www.apachecon.com/acna2022/register.html
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation’s bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 August 2022. Running Board calendar and minutes are available.
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF’s infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. View the ASF’s Infrastructure Uptime site to see the most recent averages.
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 331 Apache Committers and 923 contributors changed 3,135,859 lines of code over 4,090 commits. Top five contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Dan Haywood, Sebastian Rühl, PJ Fanning, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Servers/Middleware –
- Apache Karaf runtime 4.4.1 released
Cloud Computing –
- Apache CloudStack CVE-2022-35741: SAML Single Sign-On XXE
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.22.12 and 1.44.0 released
Identity Management –
- Apache Fortress 2.0.8 released
- Apache Xalan CVE-2022-34169: Java XSLT library is vulnerable to an integer truncation issue when processing malicious XSLT stylesheets
Network Client –
- Apache MINA 2.2.0 released
- Apache SkyWalking NodeJS patch version 0.5.1 released
– Apache SkyWalking NodeJS Agent CVE-2022-36127: Service unavailability impact in NodeJS agent(version <= 0.5.0)
- Apache Tomcat 9.0.65 and 10.1.0-M17 (beta) released
- New Apache Airflow Providers released
Apache Community Notices
The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success
Presentations from 2021’s ApacheCon Asia and ApacheCon@Home are available on the ASF YouTube channel.
“Success at Apache” focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF “just works.”
Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our “Powered By” logos.
Stay updated about The ASF
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, Planet Apache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Have an item? Contact us!
We try to catch all the major announcements and goings on at The ASF, but we’re not all-knowing. Have an item you want to see in the weekly round-up? Send it to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Posted at 02:59PM Jul 22, 2022 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |