The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 30 June 2017
We bid farewell to June with the following activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –help keep Apache Infrastructure services running 24x7x365 at near 100% uptime for less than US$5K per project annually. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 July 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Annual Report for 2017 Fiscal Year https://s.apache.org/IDn5
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield steady performance at 96.13% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Allura™ –an Open Source implementation of a software forge, a Web site that manages source code repositories, bug reports, discussions, wiki pages, blogs, and more for any number of individual projects.
- Apache Allura 1.7.0 released https://allura.apache.org/
Apache Calcite™ –a dynamic data management framework.
- Apache Calcite 1.13.0 released http://calcite.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ Fortress –provides Role-Based Access Control components that are fully ANSI INCITS 359 compliant and production ready.
- Apache Fortress 2.0.0 released http://directory.apache.org/fortress/
Apache Fluo (incubating) – a distributed system for incrementally processing large data sets stored in Apache Accumulo.
- Apache Fluo Recipes 1.1.0-incubating released https://fluo.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-faceted programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy 2.4.12 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Ignite™ –an In-Memory Data Fabric providing in-memory data caching, partitioning, processing, and querying components.
- [CVE-2017-7686] Apache Ignite Information Disclosure http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201706.mbox/%3CC6768663-E7C6-48CC-A480-400218F23486%40apache.org%3E
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully conforming implementation of the Content Repository for Java Technology API (JCR).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.15.4 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kafka™ –a distributed, fault tolerant, publish-subscribe messaging.
- Apache Kafka 0.11.0.0 released http://kafka.apache.org/
Apache MyFaces™ –a JavaServer(tm) Faces 2.3 implementation as specified by JSR-372.
- Apache MyFaces Core v2.3.0-beta released http://myfaces.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and Java Authentication Service Provider Interface for Containers technologies.
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.16 and 9.0.0.M22 released http://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Kafka v0.11 has support for exactly-once guarantees? http://kafka.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Drill v1.10 has improved fault tolerance? http://drill.apache.org
- Did you know that Taiwan High Speed Rail Online Booking uses Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE are available; as well as videos https://s.apache.org/AE3m and audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Check out the Apache Community Development blog https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/apache-activemq-call-for-logo
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- The CloudStack European User Group will be held 17 August in London https://www.eventbrite.co.uk/e/cloudstack-european-user-group-tickets-35565783215
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2017AnnualReport
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 10:00AM Jun 30, 2017 by Sally Khudairi in General | |