The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 3 September 2021
Welcome, September --we're opening the month with another great week. Here's what the Apache community has been up to:
ASF Annual Report – a look back at our many achievements during the 2021 Fiscal Year
- Press release https://s.apache.org/FY2021AnnualReport-pressrelease
- Full report https://s.apache.org/FY2021AnnualReport
Apache Month in Review – a round-up of our Round-ups and other newsworthy bits over the past month.
- August Month in Review https://s.apache.org/August2021
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 15 September 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998. ApacheCon Asia was held online 6-8 August; ApacheCon@Home is coming up next on 21-23 September:
- The Apache® Software Foundation Announces Program for ApacheCon@Home 2021 https://s.apache.org/ACHome2021
- Learn about the Community Track from Sharan Foga and Swapnil M Mane https://youtu.be/8cZF-gaE3a4
- Register for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100.00%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 340 Apache Committers changed 2,033,185 lines of code over 3,224 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Mark Thomas, Andrea Cosentino, Andi Huber, Harikrishna Patnala, and Albumen Kevin.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache APISIX 2.9 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Big Data --
- The Apache Drill Project Announces Apache® DrillTM v1.19 Milestone Release https://s.apache.org/bfhy6
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 8.0.6 and Proton-J 0.33.9 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache Hudi 0.9.0 released https://hudi.apache.org/
- Apache Zeppelin CVE-2021-36090: Bash command injection in spark interpreter https://s.apache.org/njaui
-- CVE-2020-13929: Notebook permissions bypass https://s.apache.org/tx1s1
-- CVE-2021-27578: Cross Site Scripting in markdown interpreter https://s.apache.org/701t0
- Apache Tika 2.1.0 released https://tika.apache.org/
- Apache Commons DBCP 2.9.0 released http://commons.apache.org/dbcp/
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.31 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following projects are celebrating anniversaries in September? Congratulations to Apache ServiceMix (14 years); Hive, Pig, and Shiro (11 years); Airavata, Bigtop, and SIS (9 years); Curator (8 years); Storm (7 years); Yetus (6 years); RocketMQ and Royale (4 years); Pulsar (3 years); Rya (2 years); IoTDB (1 year) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Apache Cordova will be archiving all older translated documentation? https://cordova.apache.org/announcements/2021/08/25/translations.html
- Did you know that Flink Forward will be held 26-27 October? http://flink.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- Watch "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF 1) full feature [49 min] https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" [6 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" [2.5 min] https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions-WhyApache 4) “Apache Innovation” [40 min] https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- Presentations from ApacheCon Asia are available at https://s.apache.org/ApacheConAsia2021-talks
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 11:15AM Sep 03, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |