The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 16 June 2017
Happy Friday from the Apache community! Here's what we've been up to over the past week:
Support Apache –billions of users depend on Apache's free, community-driven software. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
- Videos of keynotes + presentations https://s.apache.org/AE3m and Audio recordings https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield savvy performance at 98.54% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Incubator –the entry path for codebases and their communities to become an official part of the ASF.
- Welcome New Podlings: Livy, Pulsar, and Superset http://incubator.apache.org/
Apache Ant™ Compress –offers tasks and types for archive and compression formats.
- Apache Compress Antlib 1.5 released http://ant.apache.org/antlibs/compress/
Apache Arrow™ –a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.4.1 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ FileUpload –parses HTTP requests which conform to RFC 1867, "Form-based File Upload in HTML".
- Apache Commons FileUpload 1.3.3 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-fileupload/
Apache Commons™ Lang –provides helper utilities for the java.lang API, notably String manipulation methods, basic numerical methods, object reflection, concurrency, creation and serialization and System properties.
- Apache Commons Lang 3.6 released http://www.apache.org/dist/commons/lang/
Apache Directory™ DS –an extensible and embeddable directory server entirely written in Java, which has been certified LDAPv3 compatible by the Open Group.
- ApacheDS 2.0.0-M24 released http://directory.apache.org/apacheds
Apache Fluo (incubating) –adds distributed transactions to Apache Accumulo, and provides an observer/notification framework to allow users to incrementally update large data sets stored in Accumulo.
- Apache Fluo 1.1.0-incubating released https://fluo.apache.org/
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy-2.5.0-beta-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ –a fully compliant implementation of the Content Repository for Java(TM) Technology API, version 2.0 (JCR 2.0) as specified in the Java Specification Request 283 (JSR 283).
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.15.3 and Jackrabbit Oak 1.6.2 and 1.7.1 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Kudu™ –an Open Source storage engine for structured data that supports low-latency random access together with efficient analytical access patterns.
- Apache Kudu 1.4.0 released http://kudu.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.7.4 and 1.3.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
- Apache NiFi CVE-2017-7667 and CVE-2017-7665 http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201706.mbox/%3CCAFddr25eFkXCOQGwyN4B4VVNjdVYLcKya_JCaW%3Dd%3D11%3DQkyd4g%40mail.gmail.com%3E
Apache Portable Runtime™ –provides cross-platform APIs that relieve developers of the need to deal with platform differences.
- Apache Portable Runtime and Utilities 1.6 released https://apr.apache.org/
Apache Sling™ –a Web framework that uses a Java Content Repository, such as Apache Jackrabbit, to store and manage content.
- Apache Sling 9 released https://sling.apache.org/
Apache Zeppelin™ –a collaborative data analytics and visualization tool for distributed, general-purpose data processing system such as Apache Spark, Apache Flink, etc.
- Apache Zeppelin 0.7.2 released http://zeppelin.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Symphony communications and messaging platform uses Apache Cassandra, HBase, Kafka, Solr, Tomcat, and the Apache License? http://cassandra.apache.org/ http://hbase.apache.org/ http://kafka.apache.org/ http://lucene.apache.org/solr http://tomcat.apache.org/ https://www.apache.org/licenses/LICENSE-2.0
- Did you know that the Apache Drill distributed SQL engine brings flexibility and agility to data lakes across the Hadoop ecosystem? http://drill.apache.org/
- Did you know that we have 10 project birthdays this month? Happy Apache Anniversary to SpamAssassin (13 yrs); Santuario (12 yrs); Commons and Wicket (10 yrs); Sling (8 yrs); Karaf (7 yrs); Flume and VCL (5 yrs); Mesos (4 yrs); and Twill (1 year) --many happy returns to all! https://projects.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
- Check out the Apache Community Development blog https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/apache-activemq-call-for-logo
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 01:02PM Jun 16, 2017 by Sally Khudairi in General | |