The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 9 June 2017
Another week has passed with the Apache community collaborating in full force:
Support Apache –help sustain your favorite Apache project for less than $14/day. Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
- new ASF VP Fundraising Kevin McGrail on his goals for the coming year https://feathercast.apache.org/2017/05/18/kevin-mcgrail-fundraising-and-apachecon-north-america/
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Success at Apache –monthly blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- Learning to Build a Stronger Community by John Ament https://s.apache.org/x9Be
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
- Videos of keynotes + presentations https://s.apache.org/AE3m and Audio recordings + soundbites from the conference floor https://feathercast.apache.org/
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield skipping performance at 99.96% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Directory™ LDAP API –an ongoing effort to provide an enhanced LDAP API, as a replacement for JNDI and the existing LDAP API (jLdap and Mozilla LDAP API).
- Apache Directory LDAP API 1.0.0 released http://directory.apache.org/api
Apache Groovy™ –a multi-facet programming language for the JVM.
- Apache Groovy-2.5.0-beta-1 released https://groovy.apache.org/
Apache Hadoop™ –the cornerstone of the Big Data ecosystem, from which dozens of Apache Big Data projects and countless industry solutions originate.
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Momentum With Apache® Hadoop® v2.8 https://s.apache.org/h0Tl
Apache HBase™ –an Open Source, distributed, versioned, non-relational database.
- Apache HBase 1.2.6 released https://hbase.apache.org/
Apache Jackrabbit™ Oak –a scalable, high-performance hierarchical content repository designed for use as the foundation of modern world-class Web sites and other demanding content applications.
- Apache Jackrabbit Oak 1.2.26 and 1.4.16 released http://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Apache Lucene™ –a high-performance, full-featured text search engine library written entirely in Java.
- Apache Lucene 6.6.0 and Apache Solr 6.6.0 released http://lucene.apache.org/
Apache Tomcat™ –an Open Source software implementation of the Java Servlet, JavaServer Pages, Java Unified Expression Language, Java WebSocket and JASPIC technologies.
- CVE-2017-5664 Apache Tomcat Security Constraint Bypass http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201706.mbox/%3C3abc830a-69e1-9ce1-27c8-1eaf9c2d6739%40apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that if it's not at *.apache.org, it's not from us? https://s.apache.org/QviH
- Did you know that Apache CouchDB was one of the first Apache projects to use git? https://blog.couchdb.org/2017/06/06/couchdb-developer-profile-joan-touzet/
- Did you know that nearly half of businesses' security breaches are due to the Internet Of Things? Apache Spot (incubating) can help! http://spot.incubator.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh 7) Learning to Build a Stronger Community https://s.apache.org/x9Be
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Apache ActiveMQ Call For Logo https://blogs.apache.org/activemq/entry/apache-activemq-call-for-logo
- Join members of the Apache Apex, Beam, Flink, Hadoop, Kafka, Lucene, Solr, and Spark communities at Berlin Buzzwords 11-13 June in Berlin https://berlinbuzzwords.de/17/
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
- Will we be seeing you at HBaseCon 12 June/Mountain View https://www.eventbrite.com/e/hbasecon-west-2017-tickets-33101238696 and PhoenixCon 13 June/San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772 ?
- Meet members of Apache's Cloud community at Cloud Foundry Summit Silicon Valley 13-15 June in Santa Clara; enjoy 20% off registration rates using discount code CFSV17ASF20 https://goo.gl/Uq3g0t
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 11:20AM Jun 09, 2017 by Sally in General | |