The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 26 March 2021
Farewell, March --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:
It's our anniversary! The Apache® Software Foundation Celebrates 22 Years of Open Source Leadership – world’s largest Open Source foundation advances community-led innovation "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/22ndAnniversay
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2021 (November 2020 - January 2021) https://s.apache.org/Q3FY2021 + Video highlights https://youtu.be/S6FWqAuA_8M
- Next Board Meeting: 21 April 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- CFPs open for ApacheCon@Home AND ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/
- Event Sponsorship available for both ApacheCon@Home and ApacheCon Asia https://www.apachecon.com/acah2021/2021_ApacheCon_prospectus.pdf
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.85%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 380 Apache Committers changed 2,537,583 lines of
code over 3,380 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Mark Thomas, Alexander Pucher, Tilman Hausherr, Claus Ibsen, and Andrea Cosentino.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Application Servers/Middleware --
- Apache Karaf 4.2.11 released https://karaf.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.57.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache Parquet 1.12.0 released https://parquet.apache.org/
- Apache PDFBox 2.0.23 released https://pdfbox.apache.org/
- Apache PDFBox CVE-2021-27807: A carefully crafted PDF file can trigger an infinite loop while loading the file https://s.apache.org/6qk90
and CVE-2021-27906: A carefully crafted PDF file can trigger an OutOfMemory-Exception while loading the file https://s.apache.org/cz894
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP --
- Apache OFBiz 17.12.06 released https://ofbiz.apache.org/
- Apache OFBiz CVE-2021-26295: RCE vulnerability due to Java serialization using RMI https://s.apache.org/styah
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.5 released http://spamassassin.apache.org/
- Apache SpamAssassin CVE-2020-1946: Malicious rule configuration (.cf) files can be configured to run system commands https://s.apache.org/g5s6w
Did You Know?
- Did you know that you can help improve the Apache Flink community experience by completing their Community Survey before 30 March? https://s.apache.org/4xv8n
- Did you know that the Ignite Summit will take place online on 25 May? https://ignite.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Hop (incubating) will be presenting "The Road to Hop 1.0" at their Hot Hop Hangout session on 1 April? https://s.apache.org/ypt6f
Apache Community Notices
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
- ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
- Follow the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Friend and follow the Apache Community on Facebook https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 08:07AM Mar 26, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |