The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 19 February 2021
Hello, Friday. Let's review the Apache community's activities from over the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 17 March 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
Apache Diversity & Inclusion – initiatives that promote diversity, equity, and inclusion across the greater Apache community.
- Call for Apache project proposals and mentors: Outreachy Open Source internship program May-Aug 2021 https://s.apache.org/s7tz2
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 100%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 337 Apache Committers changed 1,346,004 lines of
code over 2,861 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Leonid Frolov, Gary Gregory, and Guillaume Nodet.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache APISIX Dashboard 2.4 released https://apisix.apache.org/
Big Data --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® Gobblin™ as a Top-Level Project https://s.apache.org/df92k
- Apache NiFi 1.13.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/
- Apache Airflow CVE-2021-26559: Privilege Escalation Attack https://s.apache.org/bzww8 , and
CVE-2021-26697: Lineage API endpoint for Experimental API missed authentication check https://s.apache.org/4sp60
- Apache Camel 3.8.0 released https://camel.apache.org/
- Apache NLPCraft 0.7.4 (incubating) released https://nlpcraft.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid Dispatch 1.15.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.1-beta1 released https://hc.apache.org/
- Apache FreeMarker 2.3.31 released https://freemarker.apache.org/
Web Frameworks --
- Apache MyFaces CVE-2021-26296: Cross-Site Request Forgery (CSRF) vulnerability https://s.apache.org/ylllx
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the ASF is the top-ranked Open Source not-for-profit organization with the most stars on GitHub? #4 of all organizations as of February 2021! https://gitstar-ranking.com/
- Did you know that Apache OpenMeetings, HTTP Server, and Tomcat have been listed amongst StackShare’s newly-announced Top 100+ Developer Tools of 2020? OpenMeetings is a “New Tool of the Year” category winner for “Web and Video Conferencing”; Apache HTTP Server and Tomcat Apache are category winners for “Web Server of the Year”. https://stackshare.io/posts/top-developer-tools-2020
- Did you know that the Call for Participation for the first Ignite Summit is now open? Join members of the Apache Ignite community online (virtual event); registration is open and free of charge https://ignite-summit.org/
Apache Community Notices
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q2 FY2021 (August - October 2020) https://s.apache.org/Q2FY2021
- ASF Security Report 2020 https://s.apache.org/SecurityReport2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- All presentations from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
Chris Lambertus Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-ChrisL2
- ASF Targeted Sponsor Manning Publications is offering special deals on the latest books on Apache Airflow, Pulsar, Spark, and Thrift, among other titles and eBooks https://deals.manning.com/the-latest-apache-innovations/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 07:45AM Feb 19, 2021 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |