The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 18 December 2020
And it's Friday! Let's take a look at what the Apache community has been up to over the past week:
Inside Infra – the interview series featuring members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
- Andrew Wetmore --Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew2
- Next Board Meeting: 20 January 2021. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- all videos from ApacheCon@Home are available at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.93%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 356 Apache Committers changed 1,752,073 lines of code over 3,151 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Gary Gregory, Andi Huber, Claus Ibsen, Tilman Hausherr, and Tomaz Muraus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache APISIX Dashboard 2.2 released https://apisix.apache.org/
- Apache Beam 2.26.0 released https://beam.apache.org/
- Apache Knox 1.5.0 released http://knox.apache.org/
- Apache Flink 1.12.0 and 1.11.3 released https://flink.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.56.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache Bigtop 1.5.0 released https://bigtop.apache.org/
- Apache HBase 2.4.0 released https://hbase.apache.org/
- Apache Airflow 1.10.14 released https://airflow.apache.org/
- Apache Airflow CVE-2020-17513: Server-Side Request Forgery (SSRF) in Charts & Query View https://s.apache.org/162rf , and
CVE-2020-17511: Airflow admin password gets logged in plain text https://s.apache.org/2bbfjIntegration --
- Apache Camel 3.7.0 released https://camel.apache.org/
- Apache IoTDB 0.11.1 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
- Apache Pulsar CVE-2020-17520: Pulsar Manager security bug (bypass admin interceptor) https://s.apache.org/4fj8c
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the Apache Roadshow/China drew more than 1.5M viewers online? Sessions were organized by ASF Members and Apache Local Community Beijing Chapter participants, and featured Apache eCharts, IoTDB, SkyWalking, and more https://www.bagevent.com/event/6844986/p/431034
- Did you know that Apache Airflow, Druid, Hadoop, HDFS, Hive, Kafka, Superset, and other projects power more than 1.5 petabytes of data at Airbnb? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category
- Did you know that ASF Corporate Giving Contributors Bloomberg Philanthropy, IBM, Microsoft, PayPal, Charles Schwab, Vanguard, and other supporting organizations help the ASF's all-volunteer community provide $20B+ worth of software 100% free-of-charge? Support Apache today with a one-off, recurring, matching gift, or other corporate contributions? Consider a year-end gift to benefit the ASF http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: November 2020 https://s.apache.org/Nov2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin2
Andrew Wetmore Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Andrew
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 04:06PM Dec 18, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |