The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 13 November 2020
It's Friday already --the week has zipped by. Here's what happened:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 18 November 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- ApacheCon@Home sessions now online at https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.92%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 407 Apache Committers changed 2,336,295 lines of code over 3,425 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jarek Potiuk, Mark Miller, Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, and Kaxil Naik.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Libraries --
- Apache Log4j 2.14.0 released http://logging.apache.org/
- Apache CXF CVE-2020-13954 Reflected XSS in the services listing page via the styleSheetPath https://s.apache.org/tsb9p
Did You Know?
- Did you know that more than 300 videos from ApacheCon@Home are now available, including keynotes, plenaries, and sessions on Big Data, Clinical Data, Community, Content Delivery, Fintech, Incubator, Integration, IoT, Machine Learning, Mobile, Observability, Search, Servers, Streaming, and more are now available? https://www.youtube.com/c/TheApacheFoundation/
- Did you know that Tencent uses Apache Pulsar to power federated learning with trillions of concurrent training? http://pulsar.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Norwegian Agency for International Cooperation and Quality Enhancement in Higher Education is powered by Apache Wicket? http://wicket.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: October 2020 https://s.apache.org/Oct2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet
Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg
...Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
Daniel Gruno Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel1 and Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Daniel2
Gavin McDonald Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Gavin
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 10:31AM Nov 13, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |