The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 26 May 2017
May is drawing to a close with many activities from the Apache community:
Support Apache –Apache projects benefit billions of users for less than $14 per project per day. We appreciate your generous consideration: Every dollar counts. http://apache.org/foundation/contributing.html
ASF Board –management and oversight of the business and affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 21 June 2017. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
- On the State of the Feather https://s.apache.org/Lz3t
ApacheCon™ –the official conference of the Apache Software Foundation. Tomorrow's Technology Today.
- Presentations from ApacheCon https://s.apache.org/Hli7 and Apache: Big Data https://s.apache.org/tefE
- Videos of keynotes + presentations are now available https://s.apache.org/AE3m
- Soundbites from the conference floor https://feathercast.apache.org/
- My First Experience of ApacheCon https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/my-first-experience-of-apachecon + "epic" slideshow https://youtu.be/pKFfirqEgQ8
ASF Infrastructure –our distributed team on four continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield zippity performance at 99.95% uptime http://status.apache.org/
Apache Archiva™ –an extensible repository management tool that helps taking care of your own personal or enterprise-wide build artifact repository.
- CVE-2017-5657: Apache Archiva CSRF vulnerability for REST endpoints http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/www-announce/201705.mbox/%3C1622774.CTg74Sxca6%40golgafrichnam%3E
Apache Arrow™ –a columnar in-memory analytics layer designed to accelerate Big Data.
- Apache Arrow 0.4.0 released http://arrow.apache.org/
Apache Commons™ Text –Open Source software library that provides a host of algorithms focused on working with strings and blocks of text.
- Apache Commons Text 1.1 released http://commons.apache.org/proper/commons-text/
Apache Jena™ –a free and Open Source Java framework for building semantic Web and Linked Data applications.
- Apache Jena 3.3.0 released http://jena.apache.org/
Apache NiFi™ –an easy to use, powerful, and reliable system to process and distribute data.
- Apache NiFi 0.7.3 and MiNiFi 0.2.0 released https://nifi.apache.org/
Apache OFBiz™ –an Open Source product for the automation of enterprise processes that includes framework components and business applications.
- Apache OFBiz 16.11.02 released http://ofbiz.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Metron helps make it possible for enterprise security personnel to more quickly detect and investigate costly threats using Big Data in real time? http://metron.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Samza currently processes billions of messages per day, accounting for 100s of TB of data flowing through the system at Uber? http://samza.apache.org/
- Did you know that over the past week, 482 contributors changed 766,603 lines of Apache code through 2,565 commits? Still productive during ApacheCon! http://status.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- "Success at Apache" is a blog series that focuses on the processes behind why the ASF "just works". 1) Project Independence https://s.apache.org/CE0V 2) All Carrot and No Stick https://s.apache.org/ykoG 3) Asynchronous Decision Making https://s.apache.org/PMvk 4) Rule of the Makers https://s.apache.org/yFgQ 5) JFDI --the unconditional love of contributors https://s.apache.org/4pjM 6) Meritocracy and Me https://s.apache.org/tQQh
- The latest Apache Community Newsletter https://blogs.apache.org/comdev/entry/community-development-news-april-2017
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The Apache Phoenix community will be holding PhoenixCon on 13 June in San Francisco https://www.eventbrite.com/e/phoenixcon-2017-tickets-32872245772
- Catch the Apache Ignite and Spark communities at the In-Memory Computing Summit 20-21 June in Amsterdam and 24-25 October in San Francisco https://imcsummit.org/
- ASF Operations Summary - Q3 FY2017 https://s.apache.org/NKFz
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://apache.org/events/meetups.html
- Find out how you can participate with Apache community/projects/activities --opportunities open with Apache HTTP Server, Avro, ComDev (community development), Directory, Incubator, OODT, POI, Polygene, Syncope, Tika, Trafodion, and more! https://helpwanted.apache.org/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
# # #
Posted at 01:39PM May 26, 2017 by Sally in General | |