The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 14 August 2020
Hooray for Friday! The Apache community has been busy over the past week; let's review what happened:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 August 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Registration is open (and free) for ApacheCon@Home 29 September - 1 October https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/
- Sponsorships available for ApacheCon@Home https://www.apachecon.com/acna2020/sponsors.html
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.76%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – Over the past week, 151 Apache Committers changed 4,892,020 lines of code over 678 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Sebastian Bazley, Gary Gregory, Nick Vatamaniuc, Liang Zhang, and Kaxil Naik.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.Big Data --
- Apache Kafka 2.5.1 and 2.6.0 released https://kafka.apache.org/
- Apache ShardingSphere ElasticJob-3.0.0-alpha released https://shardingsphere.apache.org/elasticjob/
- Apache Parquet 1.11.1 released https://parquet.apache.org/
- Apache Commons Imaging 1.0-alpha2 released https://commons.apache.org/imaging/
- Apache Commons NET 3.7 released https://commons.apache.org/net/
- Apache Commons Validator 1.7 released https://commons.apache.org/validator/
- Apache HTTP Server 2.4.46 released https://httpd.apache.org/
Web Frameworks --
- Apache Struts CVE-2019-0230 (Possible RCE) and CVE-2019-0233 (DoS) security issues https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r42ff5f78b46f751c48eee1fe4201a49ab48524f33ac8f8975f2029b8%40%3Cannounce.apache.org%3E
Did You Know?
- Did you know that tracks for ApacheCon@Home include Big Data, Community, Content Delivery, Fintech, Integration, IoT, Machine Learning, Messaging, Mobile, Natural Language Programming, Observability, Programming Languages, Search, Servers, Streaming, and Usability, as well as emerging innovations from the Apache Incubator? Learn more, including featured projects, at https://www.apachecon.com/acah2020/tracks/
- Did you know that mobile transportation platform Didi Chuxing uses Apache Kylin to return exact distinct count on billions of rows of data with sub-second latency to generate the most accurate picture of its business? http://kylin.apache.org/
- Did you know that the "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on The Apache Software Foundation comprised 65 hours of filming over 8 terrabytes of footage? https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature
Apache Community Notices
- Apache Month In Review: July 2020 https://s.apache.org/July2020
- ASF FY2020 Annual Report https://s.apache.org/FY2020AnnualReport
- "Trillions and Trillions Served" documentary on the ASF: 1) full feature https://s.apache.org/Trillions-Feature 2) "Apache Everywhere" https://s.apache.org/ApacheEverywhere 3) "Why Apache" https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions 4) “Apache Innovation” https://s.apache.org/ApacheInnovation
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Christ Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris | Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew | Greg Stein Part I https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg , Part II https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg2 and Part III https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Greg3
- Did you know that Beam Summit 2020 will be held 24-28 August online and free of charge? https://beamsummit.org/
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 02:17PM Aug 14, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |