The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 1 May 2020
Welcome, May! We've had a great week within the Apache community. Here's what happened:
The Apache Software Foundation – the all-volunteer developers, stewards,
and incubators of more than 350 Open Source projects and initiatives.
- The Apache Software Foundation Welcomes 34 New Members https://s.apache.org/q14mx
Inside Infra – the new interview series with members of the ASF Infrastructure team.
- Meet Drew Foulks https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Drew
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 May 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
- CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
Apache Community Development – the committee that welcomes new participants to the Apache community and mentors them in "The Apache Way".
- Budapest, Hungary, joins as the latest Apache Local Community (ALC) Chapter https://s.apache.org/yot34
- About the Apache Local Community program https://s.apache.org/alc
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.98%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 905 Apache contributors changed 4,556,300 lines of code over 3,929 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Jean-Baptiste Onofré, Tian Jiang, Mark Thomas, Andrea Cosentino, and Adrian Cole.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Ignite 2.8.0 released https://ignite.apache.org/
- Apache UIMA uimaFIT 2.5.0 released https://uima.apache.org/
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP --
- Apache OFBiz 17.12.03 released https://ofbiz.apache.org/
- Apache Impala 3.4.0 released https://impala.apache.org
- Apache IoTDB (Incubating) 0.9.2 released https://iotdb.apache.org/
- Apache Daffodil (Incubating) 2.6.0 https://daffodil.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid JMS 0.51.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
- Apache Lucene 7.7.3 and Solr 7.7.3 released https://lucene.apache.org/
- Apache Tomcat Native 1.2.24 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Web Conferencing --
- Apache OpenMeetings 5.0.0-M4 released https://openmeetings.apache.org/
Web Framework --
- Apache Wicket 8.8.0 released https://wicket.apache.org/
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache Geronimo (17 years); Tomcat (16 years); OpenJPA, POI, TomEE, Turbine (14 years); Libcloud (10 years); Giraph and ManifoldCF (9 years); Phoenix (7 years); Whimsy (6 years); Bahir, TinkerPop, Zeppelin (5 years); SystemML (4 years); Traffic Control (3 years); Dubbo (2 years) https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that Apache Kudu is able to sustain high levels of ingest throughput whilst delivering fantastic scan performance? https://kudu.apache.org/
- Did you know that Kafka Summit 2020 will be virtual and free? https://events.kafka-summit.org/2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache Month In Review: April 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Apr2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 05:35AM May 01, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |