The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 24 April 2020
Greetings all. It's time to review the Apache community's activities from the past week:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 20 May 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
- CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America: submissions due 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 950 Apache contributors changed 2,932,004 lines of code over 4,001 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Tellier Benoit, Colm O hEigeartaigh, and Andrey Zagrebin.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache Arrow 0.17.0 released https://arrow.apache.org/
- Apache Druid 0.18.0 released https://druid.apache.org/
- Apache SAMOA (Incubating) 0.5.0 released https://samoa.incubator.apache.org/
- Apache Pulsar 2.5.1 released https://pulsar.apache.org/
Network Client/Server --
- Apache Directory Studio 2.0-0-M15 released https://directory.apache.org/studio/
Version Control --
- Apache Subversion 1.14.0-rc2 released https://subversion.apache.org/
- Did you know that Feathercast, the voice of The Apache Software Foundation, has new sessions on Apache Airflow, OFBiz, Sling, and more? https://feathercast.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache SkyWalking now officially supports Java 8~14, both agent and backend side, as well as both run-time and compile time? http://skywalking.apache.org/
- Did you know that Apache Mahout and Spark are used to help denoise CT scans to improve COVID-19 detection at early stages of infection? https://projects.apache.org/projects.html?category#big-data
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache Month In Review: March 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Mar2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 10:06AM Apr 24, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |