The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 10 April 2020
Greetings everyone --it's time to review the Apache community's activities from the past week:
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- "Welcoming Communities Strengthens the Apache Way" by Jarek Potiuk https://s.apache.org/tcs0m
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Announcing New ASF Board of Directors https://s.apache.org/Board2020
- Next Board Meeting: 15 April 2020. Board calendar and minutes https://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Event status details posted at: Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
- CFP EXTENDED for ApacheCon North America to 1 June https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.77%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 936 Apache contributors changed 1,465,430 lines of code over 4,180 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Alex Herbert, Hunter Lee, Matt Sicker, and Wu Sheng.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Big Data --
- Apache NiFi Registry 0.6.0 released http://nifi.apache.org/registry
- Apache HBase 2.1.10 released https://hbase.apache.org/
- Apache Flink Stateful Functions 2.0.0 released https://flink.apache.org/
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.16.6 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Embedded OS --
- Apache Mynewt 1.8.0 and Apache NimBLE 1.3.0 released https://mynewt.apache.org/
- Apache Commons Numbers 1.0-beta1 released https://commons.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid Proton-J 0.33.4 released http://qpid.apache.org
- Apache Tomcat 8.5.54, 9.0.34, and 10.0.0-M4 released https://tomcat.apache.org/
Web Framework --
- Apache Wicket 9.0.0-M5 released https://wicket.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Many happy returns to Apache CXF (12 years); Avro, HBase, Mahout, Nutch, Tika, and Traffic Server (10 years); Creadur and Jena (8 years); DeltaSpike (7 years); ORC and Parquet (5 years); AsterixDB and Johnzon (4 years); CarbonData, Fineract, and Metron (3 years); NetBeans, PLC4X, and SkyWalking (1 year). https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that due to COVID19, Spark + AI Summit’s 200+ talks and keynotes will be virtual and free for all attendees this year? https://twitter.com/SparkAISummit/status/1247949365420974081
- Did you know that due to the coronavirus, Druid Summit is virtual and
free this year? Catch use cases from Athena Health, BT, Cisco, DBS Bank,
Twitter, and more https://go.imply.io/2020-Virtual-Druid-Summit-Registration-new.html
Apache Community Notices:
- The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
- The Apache Software Foundation Celebrates 21 Years of Open Source Leadership https://s.apache.org/21stAnniversary
- Apache Month In Review: March 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Mar2020
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Inside Infra: the new interview series with members of the ASF infrastructure team --meet Chris Thistlethwaite https://s.apache.org/InsideInfra-Chris
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to email@example.com and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 05:06AM Apr 10, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |