The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 13 March 2020
Greetings everyone --it's time to review the Apache community's activities from the past week:
The Apache Software Foundation Statement on the COVID-19 Coronavirus Outbreak https://s.apache.org/COVID-19
Apache Month In Review – a summary of what the Apache community has been up to in February https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.66%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 861 Apache contributors changed 9,213,465 lines of code over 3,428 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Luca Burgazzoli, Mark Thomas, Jialin Qiao, and Carlos Rovira.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache Jackrabbit 2.18.5 released https://jackrabbit.apache.org/
Enterprise Processes Automation / ERP --
- Apache OFBiz 17.12.01 released https://ofbiz.apache.org/
- Apache Commons Configuration 2.7 released https://commons.apache.org/
- Apache Qpid Broker-J 8.0.0 released https://qpid.apache.org/
Programming Languages --
- Apache Groovy 2.5.10 and 3.0.2 released https://groovy.apache.org/
- Apache FreeMarker 2.3.30 released https://freemarker.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that the following Apache projects are celebrating anniversaries this month? Apache mod_perl (20 years); Maven (17 years), Jackrabbit (14 years); Felix (13 years); Archiva (12 years); UIMA (10 years); Accumulo and Sqoop (8 years); Bloodhound, CloudStack, and cTAKES (7 years); Allura, Olingo, Tajo (6 years); Sentry (4 years); and FreeMarker (2 years). Many happy returns! https://projects.apache.org/committees.html?date
- Did you know that you can participate in the second annual Apache Druid community survey? https://surveymonkey.com/r/XGWX2BL
- Did you know that Apache Brooklyn v1.0 implements the OASIS CAMP (Cloud Application Management for Platforms) and TOSCA (Topology and Orchestration Specification for Cloud Applications) standards? https://brooklyn.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache Month In Review: February 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 05:12AM Mar 13, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |