The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 6 March 2020
Welcome, March! We've had a great week within the Apache community. Here's what happened:
Success at Apache – the monthly blog series that focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works".
- "Google Summer of Code Mentorship --inside the GSoC 2019 Mentor Summit" by Sanyam Goel and Kevin A. McGrail https://s.apache.org/ejj5q
Apache Month In Review – a summary what the Apache community has been up to in February 2020 https://s.apache.org/Feb2020ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- The Apache Software Foundation Operations Summary: Q3 FY2020 (November 2019 - January 2020) https://s.apache.org/r6s5u
- Next Board Meeting: 18 March 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- Notice on Apache 2020 Conferences https://s.apache.org/zgm8m
Apache Community Development – the committee that welcomes new participants to the Apache community and mentors them in "The Apache Way".
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.87%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 824 Apache contributors changed 2,401,358 lines of code over 3,496 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Andrea Cosentino, Mark Thomas, Claus Ibsen, Paul J. Davis, and Tomaz Muraus.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
Cloud Computing --
- The Apache Software Foundation Announces Apache® BrooklynTM v1.0 https://s.apache.org/ladi7
- Apache Derby 10.15.2.0 released https://db.apache.org/
- Apache PLC4X 0.6.0 released https://plc4x.apache.org/
- Apache Log4j 2.13.1 released https://logging.apache.org/
Programming Languages --
- Apache Groovy 2.4.19 released https://groovy.apache.org/
- Apache Traffic Server 8.0.6 and 7.1.9 released https://trafficserver.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Netflix uses Apache Druid to manage its 1.5 trillion-row data warehouse requirements that include what users see when tapping the Netflix icon or logging in from a browser across platforms? http://druid.apache.org/
- Did you know that the Apache Airflow community will be at Airflow Summit, 3-5 June in Mountain View? http://airflow.apache.org/
- Did you know that WIRIS Math and Science uses ApacheMXNet to power MathType for Handwritten Math Recognition? https://mxnet.apache.org/
Apache Community Notices:
- Apache Month In Review: February 2020 – overview of events that have taken place within the Apache community https://s.apache.org/Feb2020
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- Pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
Posted at 05:06AM Mar 06, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |