The Apache Software Foundation Blog
The Apache News Round-up: week ending 31 January 2020
Farewell, January --we're wrapping up the month with another great week. Here are the latest updates on the Apache community's activities:
ASF Board – management and oversight of the business affairs of the corporation in accordance with the Foundation's bylaws.
- Next Board Meeting: 19 February 2020. Board calendar and minutes http://apache.org/foundation/board/calendar.html
ApacheCon™ – the ASF's official global conference series, bringing Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998.
- CFPs OPEN: Apache Roadshow/DC and ApacheCon North America https://www.apachecon.com/
ASF Infrastructure – our distributed team on three continents keeps the ASF's infrastructure running around the clock.
- 7M+ weekly checks yield uptime at 99.99%. Performance checks across 50 different service components spread over more than 250 machines in data centers around the world. http://www.apache.org/uptime/
Apache Code Snapshot – this week, 746 Apache contributors changed 1,854,769 lines of code over 3,280 commits. Top 5 contributors, in order, are: Dan Haywood, Andrea Cosentino, Claus Ibsen, Jean-Baptiste Onofré and Jarek Potiuk.
Apache Project Announcements – the latest updates by category.
- Apache OpenWebBeans-2.0.14 released http://openwebbeans.apache.org/
- Apache SpamAssassin 3.4.4 released http://spamassassin.apache.org/
- Apache HttpComponents Client 5.0 beta7 (GA candidate) released https://hc.apache.org/
Did You Know?
- Did you know that Apache Flink supports schema migration on its state so that application changes can be made without having to start from square one? https://flink.apache.org/
- Did you know that tracks for ApacheCon North America include Big Data integration/Gobblin (incubating), Apache Camel/Integration, Cassandra, CloudStack, Community, Content Delivery, Fineract, Flagon (incubating), Geospatial, Graph, Groovy, HTTP Server/Web, Ignite, Internet of Things, Karaf, Observability, Solr/Lucene/Search, and Tomcat? https://s.apache.org/cfp2020
- Did you know that Amazon, DataStax, IBM, Microsoft, Neo4j, and many others use Apache Tinkerpop? http://tinkerpop.apache.org/providers.html
Apache Community Notices:
- "Trillions and Trillions Served", the documentary on the ASF, is in post-production. Catch the teaser at https://s.apache.org/ASF-Trillions
- Apache in 2019 - By The Digits https://s.apache.org/Apache2019Digits
- The Apache Way to Sustainable Open Source Success https://s.apache.org/GhnI
- ASF Operations Summary: Q2 FY2020 (August - October 2019) https://s.apache.org/2kv2n
- Celebrating 20 Years Community-led Development "The Apache Way" https://s.apache.org/ASF20thAnniversary
- ASF Founders look back on 20 Years of the ASF https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/entry/our-founders-look-back-on
- Foundation Reports and Statements http://www.apache.org/foundation/reports.html
- ApacheCon: Tomorrow's Technology Today since 1998 http://s.apache.org/ApacheCon
- ASF Annual Report for FY2019 https://s.apache.org/FY2019AnnualReport
- The Apache Software Foundation 2018 Vision Statement https://s.apache.org/zqC3
- Foundation Statement –Apache Is Open. https://s.apache.org/PIRA
- CFP and pre-registration open for the first Pulsar Summit http://pulsar.apache.org/blog/2019/12/18/Pulsar-summit-cfp/
- "Success at Apache" focuses on the people and processes behind why the ASF "just works". https://blogs.apache.org/foundation/category/SuccessAtApache
- Please follow/like/re-tweet the ASF on social media: @TheASF on Twitter (https://twitter.com/TheASF) and on LinkedIn at https://www.linkedin.com/company/the-apache-software-foundation
- Do friend and follow us on the Apache Community Facebook page https://www.facebook.com/ApacheSoftwareFoundation/ and Twitter account https://twitter.com/ApacheCommunity
- The list of Apache project-related MeetUps can be found at http://events.apache.org/event/meetups.html
- Are your software solutions Powered by Apache? Download & use our "Powered By" logos http://www.apache.org/foundation/press/kit/#poweredby
= = =
For real-time updates, sign up for Apache-related news by sending mail to firstname.lastname@example.org and follow @TheASF on Twitter. For a broader spectrum from the Apache community, https://twitter.com/PlanetApache provides an aggregate of Project activities as well as the personal blogs and tweets of select ASF Committers.
Posted at 06:01AM Jan 31, 2020 by Swapnil M Mane in Newsletter | |